Title I, Part A, provides resources to help ensure that all children have the opportunity to receive a quality education, resulting in their attainment of high academic standards. Title I targets resources to districts and schools whose needs are the greatest. The program is the largest ESEA program supporting both elementary and secondary education. The USDE allocates funds based on census poverty rates from ages 5 through 17. Essentially, Title I focuses on providing additional instructional time in core subject areas. Eligibility is based on statutory formulas.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools Title I Program
Title I funds are specifically targeted for children ages 5-17 experiencing poverty. There are two allowable approaches for serving of Title I Schools. Schools are designated as either Schoolwide or Targeted Assistance. Adams 12 Five Star Schools has chosen to utilize the Schoolwide approach to serve eligible schools.
Title I Schoolwide schools receive funds for students and has gone through a year-long collaborative planning process to create a comprehensive plan for improving student achievement. This plan is developed by teachers, principals, paraprofessionals, support staff, parents, and community members. Schoolwide programs provide:
- Flexibility - combining resources, serving all students, redesigning the school and its services
- Coordination and Integration - reduction of curricular and instructional fragmentation
- Accountability - clear and coordinated; all students are responsible for achieving the same high standards and all teachers are responsible for teaching to and assessing growth toward the standards and benchmarks.
- Unified Goals - schoolwide programs bring parents, the community and the school together to redesign and improve the school.
2022-2023 Title I Part A Supported Schools
- Centennial Elementary School
- Coronado Hills Elementary School
- Federal Heights Elementary School
- Hillcrest Elementary School
- Leroy Elementary School
- Malley Drive Elementary School
- McElwain Elementary School
- North Mor Elementary School
- North Star Elementary School
- Rocky Mountain Elementary School
- STEM Launch
- Stukey Elementary School
- Thornton Elementary School
- Westview Elementary School
- Northglenn Middle School
- Thornton Middle School