SOAR Honors Program
The Horizon SOAR Honors program is a four year, individualized & comprehensive program designed to enlighten, enrich and excite students and prepare leaders for the 21st century. The SOAR program provides structure and support for high achieving students to prepare for college success. Students enroll in a special area of study by declaring a major (Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts or Math/Science).
The SOAR Honors program is specific to the individual students and his or her area of educational emphasis. It is designed to provide a well-rounded high school experience including Advanced Placement courses, extra-curricular activities, community service involvement and extended learning opportunities. The aspiration of the SOAR program is to furnish a variety of learning opportunities to challenge and engage students during their high school career.
- Instill 21st century leadership skills.
- Achieve 100% college application, acceptance, and work readiness.
- Foster community, cultural, and civic engagement.
- Help students explore and research within one of three major areas of interest.
- Improve achievement on state and national assessments.
Admissions to the SOAR program are managed directly by Horizon High School. Beginning with the 2022/2023 application window, SOAR will consider applications from out-of-district students who are attending Adams 12 middle schools.