International Foreign Exchange Students
The district’s role in the international student exchange process is to approve exchange agencies - see Approved Agency List.
Once an agency is approved they remain on our list of approved agencies until there is cause to revoke their approval. The district reserves the right to revoke an agency's approval for any reason including placing students that are not proficient in English, failure to provide adequate support to students and host families and failure to communicate to students and host families.
The application window for new agencies to be considered for permission to place students in our schools is September 1st through October 15th of the school year before an agency would like to place students.
Once an agency is approved, they can contact foreign exchange counselors at our high schools to discuss placement of students. It is preferable that a foreign exchange student attend the school that serves the host family’s home. It is also preferable that a host family have one or more children attending the same school the exchange student will attend. The application window for foreign exchange students is January 1st to February 28th with notification to students and agencies no later than the week of spring break.
Contact Admissions for general questions about the foreign exchange program. Alternatively, you may contact school specific foreign exchange counselors with specific questions about placing students:
- Horizon High, Juana Budde - (720) 972-4426 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legacy High, Val Vigil - (720) 972-6720 email: email@example.com
- Mountain Range High, Bryan Webb - (720) 972-6328 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northglenn High, Michael Stelling - (720) 972-4627 email: email@example.com
- Thornton High, Amanda Glazier - (720) 972-4828 email: firstname.lastname@example.org