Universal Preschool Program
Enrolling in our Preschool program is as easy as 1-2-3
High-quality early childhood education sets the foundation for a strong start to kindergarten. Starting in the 2023-2024 school year, all 4-year-olds qualify for at least 15 hours a week of free preschool through the Universal Preschool (UPK) Colorado program. Follow the simple steps below to enroll your child in preschool!
Submit an Application for UPK
Half-day afternoon (p.m.) spots available at Centennial Elementary, Thunder Vista P-8 and Bright Horizons (located in Horizon High)!
State notifies families where their child has a spot AND Families must accept or decline the spot
- The State notifies families where their child has a spot, and families must then accept or decline the spot.
- When families accept, it holds their spot and they move onto the next step in the preschool enrollment process.
- When families decline, the state tries to match them with their second or third choice at a later time.
- Families that do nothing, or miss the deadline for accept/decline, their application will continue to be rematched in future rounds until a spot is accepted.
*You can log into your initial application at any time to review updates. Please do not submit duplicate applications as it creates errors and cancels out both applications.
District sends enrollment information to families who accept a spot
- Families must complete the district enrollment process and upload any required documents in order to secure their child’s preschool spot.
After completing this final step, families will receive a welcome email prior to the start of school with information about:
Your child’s class and teacher
First day of school information, etc.