Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
- How do I enroll?
- How long does it take to complete the enrollment process?
- I have submitted an online enrollment application but have not heard back in a few days, what could delay the enrollment?
- How can I check to see what school my child will attend?
- Can I choose which school my child attends?
- Where can I go to obtain the immunization record required for my child?
- If I am buying a new home in the district, may I enroll my child before I move?
- How do I enroll my child in a specialized program?
- What is the age requirement for entrance to kindergarten?
- What if my child does not meet the age requirements for kindergarten?
- What if I wish to keep my 5 year old home? Can they start Kindergarten when they are 6?
- How do I update my address?
- When can I enroll my student for the following school year?
The application is available here online. Please have your supporting documents ready prior to beginning your application. Failure to upload your supporting documents will result in a delay of enrollment.
Please have the following documents ready prior to beginning your application. This will help expedite the process. During the school start rush, it can take up to a week to hear a response. The sooner you start your application, the better.
Parent / Guardian Photo ID
(A driver’s license or any other photo I.D. is acceptable)
- Guardians must have proper guardianship forms signed and notarized or a copy of court authorization.
- Custody documentation is required, if applicable.
Documentation of Child's Date of Birth
(Please bring ONE of the following government issued proofs)
- Birth Certificate (full size certificate, showing parent’s names as well as child’s is preferred)
- Valid passport
- Proof of Residence (click for details)
- Immunization Records (required by state law, click for details)
Previous School Information
- Name, address, phone and fax number of previous school
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Most recent report card
- Transcripts for students entering middle or high schools
- Attendance record and discipline report
- IEP and 504 information, if applicable.
I have submitted an online enrollment application but have not heard back in a few days, what could delay the enrollment?
Insufficient documentation may have been uploaded by families – the registrar would have reached out requesting the proper documentation, etc. Please reach out directly to your school.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools website provides you with a boundary locator lookup tool.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers a school of choice program through an application process. Please visit the Schools of Choice Program for more information.
Immunization records can be obtained through your health care provider, the clinic where they received the vaccinations, or from the previous school your child attended. You can also ask your school's Health Aide, if your student has been seen in a Colorado Doctor's office, it is possible they can access the immunization record.
Yes! Parents will need to provide a purchase contract with a possession or closing date no more than 90 days out as proof of residency.
Admissions for schools with specialized programs that are district-wide are managed via the district's Schools of Choice Program. If you wish for your child to attend Hulstrom, either STEM program, The Studio School or one of our school-wide IB schools (Coronado Hills, McElwain, Thornton Elementary, Leroy Drive Elementary, Century Middle School, or Thornton High) you will need to apply via the Schools of Choice Program.
Admissions for programs that are not school-wide such as Horizon SOAR, Legacy 2000, Mountain Range High School of Business, Northglenn STEM Program, and the Thornton IB Diploma Program are managed by each individual school. Please contact the appropriate school directly for more information.
Admissions to charter schools are managed by each individual school. Please contact them directly for more information.
Kindergarteners must be 5-years-old on or before October 1st.
The student cannot start Kindergarten until they meet the age requirement of 5 on or before October 1st.
Yes, as the parent you have the right to have your student who is 5 on or before October 1st start kindergarten or have them wait a year. Once they are 6 they can start kindergarten or first grade.
You can update your address during Online Check-In. If it is outside of this window you can fill out a Household Change form (Spanish) and submit it to your school's registrar along with a valid proof of residence. You can update your phone number and email through your parent portal or using this form. Please note, updating your address will do so for all students in the household enrolled in Adams 12. Updating your address may change the assigned school. Please use our boundary locator to determine what school is assigned to your new address.
Our department is able to accept KG-12th grade enrollment applications beginning January of the same calendar year that you plan for your child to attend. For example, January 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year.