Frequently Asked Choice Questions
- How do I enroll?
- How long does it take to complete the process?
- How can I check to see what school my child will attend?
- Can I choose which school my child attends?
- Where can I go to obtain the immunization record required for my child?
- If I am buying a new home in the district, may I enroll my child before I move?
- How do I enroll my child in a specialized program?
- What is the age requirement for entrance to kindergarten first grade?
- What if my child does not meet the age requirements for kindergarten/first grade?
The application is available here online.
Please have the following documents ready prior to beginning your application. This will help expedite the process.
Parent / Guardian Photo ID
(A driver’s license or any other photo I.D. is acceptable)
- Guardians must have proper guardianship forms signed and notarized or a copy of court authorization.
- Custody documentation is required, if applicable.
Documentation of Child's Date of Birth
(Please bring ONE of the following government issued proofs)
- Birth Certificate (full size certificate, showing parent’s names as well as child’s is preferred)
- Valid passport
- Proof of Residence (click for details)
- Immunization Records (required by state law, click for details)
Previous School Information
- Name, address, phone and fax number of previous school
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Most recent report card
- Transcripts for students entering middle or high schools
- Attendance record and discipline report
- IEP and 504 information, if applicable.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools website provides you with a boundary locator lookup tool.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers a school of choice program through an application process. Please visit the Schools of Choice Program for more information.
Immunization records can be obtained through your health care provider, the clinic where they received the vaccinations, or from the previous school your child attended. You can also ask your school's Health Aide, if your student has been seen in a Colorado Doctor's office, it is possible they can access the immunization record.
Yes! Parents will need to provide a purchase contract with a possession or closing date no more than 90 days out as proof of residency.
Admissions for schools with specialized programs that are district-wide are managed via the district's Schools of Choice Program. If you wish for your child to attend Hulstrom, either STEM program, The Studio School or one of our school-wide IB schools (Coronado Hills, McElwain, Thornton Elementary, Leroy Drive Elementary, Century Middle School, or Thornton High) you will need to apply via the Schools of Choice Program.
Admissions for programs that are not school-wide such as Horizon SOAR, Legacy 2000, Mountain Range High School of Business, Northglenn STEM Program, and the Thornton IB Diploma Program are managed by each individual school. Please contact the appropriate school directly for more information.
Admissions to charter schools are managed by each individual school. Please contact them directly for more information.
Kindergarteners must be 5-years-old and first graders must be 6-years-old on or before October 1st.
The district recognizes that some highly-advanced, gifted children may benefit academically, socially and/or emotionally from early entrance into kindergarten or first grade. A highly-advanced, gifted child is one whose body of evidence demonstrates a profile of exceptional ability or potential compared to same-age gifted children (generally at or above 98th percentile on nationally normed assessments as per Colorado Department of Education guidelines.
More information about early entrance to kindergarten or first grade for highly-advanced, gifted children can be found in our Kindergarten Program section.
Lea este artículo en español
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is extremely proud of the variety of choices for quality advanced academic programming available at all of its high schools. Our program offerings include the following range of options for your motivated students:
Horizon HS: the SOAR Honors program is a four year, individualized ...