Proof of Residence
To enroll, the student’s parents or legal guardian and the student must be full-time residents in the Adams 12 Five Star Schools attendance boundaries or have an approved Choice application. Please use our Boundary Locator to see if you reside within these boundaries or learn about our Choice program here.
If You Own a Home
- Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust, or Bill of Sale
- Current utility bill (i.e. Xcel Energy, water, cable, trash) - Your name and address must be clearly marked (both portions of a bill are required, property/service address must match mailing address) Disconnect notices are not acceptable forms of proof of residence.
- Mortgage Statement
- Homeowner’s insurance or property tax bill for current year (property/service address must match mailing address) -- Adams or Broomfield county
- Provisional Proof of Residence: Purchase contract with possession date or closing date not more than 90 days out. (If a purchase contract is provided, proof that the purchase was completed must be provided within 90 days of the start of school, or within 90 days of when the parent wants the student to start at the new school.)
If You Rent
- Current Signed Lease or Rental Agreement
- Lease agreement with possession date not more than 60 days out
- Current utility bill (i.e. Xcel Energy, water, cable, trash)-- your name and address must be clearly marked (both portions of a bill are required, property/service address must match mailing address) – last or current month; disconnect notices are not accepted
- Renter’s insurance
If You Are Living With Another Family
ALL of the following are required:
- Declaration of Residence must be completed and signed by the owner/renter of the residence with whom you live stating the length of time you will be staying in the presence of school or district personnel.
- ONE proof of address from the owner/renter of the residence. (See required documents above)
- ONE copy/picture of owner/renter of the residence's ID (ID must match the name on the proof of residence) if owner/residence cannot be present
- Current proof of your residence at that address mailed to the home (i.e. bank statement, insurance statement, new Colorado drivers license receipt, US Postal Service official address change form, bills received including cell phone, etc. with your name and address clearly listed)
Families who have changed their address and currently have a student enrolled in Adams 12 Five Star Schools will need to verify their new address by providing the required documents for proof of residence listed above. Note: Please notify us if you are unable to provide documentation because of loss of housing or economic hardship.