We are happy to announce that Summer BASE will open on Monday, June 15, 2020 and will operate Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. The final day of Summer BASE will be Friday, August 7, 2020.
Summer BASE participants must be five years of age on or before June 15, 2020, and enrolled in an Adams 12 Five Star Schools for the upcoming school year in grades K-5, or if the student completed grade 5 at the school site and is enrolled for grade 6 within the district.
Please note that space in our 2020 Summer BASE program is limited. Enrollment at all locations with space will be decided on a first-come, first-served basis. Please complete the interest form below for enrollment in this summer's program.
Click here >> 2020 Summer BASE Interest Form
Dates & Times:
June 15 - August 7, 2020, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(*closed on Friday, July 3, 2020, in observance of the Independence Day Holiday)
2020 Tuition Rates:
|Summer Registration Fee (non-refundable and non-transferable)||$100.00|
Part-time Daily Rate
*Part-time is defined as utilizing the BASE Program, either MWF or TTH for the entire summer.
Full-time M-F Weekly Rate (Entire summer discounted rate)
*Full-time is defined as utilizing the BASE Program M-F for the entire summer
- A deposit equal to one week of care is required for each child prior to the start of the program. All deposits will be applied to the final week of summer BASE.
- Families that enroll for summer BASE and later determine they no longer need care must withdraw in writing by Thursday, May 29, 2020, to avoid penalty. All withdrawals after May 29, 2020, will be assessed a cancellation fee ($450.00) equal to two weeks' worth of care.
How 2020 Summer BASE will operate
2020 Summer BASE will follow guidelines outlined by public health regarding social distancing and group sizes. Our BASE Programs hold a school-age child care center license and therefore are allowed to operate this summer under the Safer at Home Order for Child Care Facilities. The guidelines for school-age programs come from the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) and the Executive Order. These guidelines require us to restructure our Summer BASE operations and may remain in place throughout the summer
This year’s Summer BASE program will have the following modifications:
- Students will be permanently placed in groups of 10 and spaced throughout the building.
- Student groups will not interchange with other groups and will remain consistent throughout the summer. However, multi groups may be in the same room or space with social distancing in place.
- Social distancing will be maintained.
- Face coverings will be utilized in 2020 Summer BASE for students and staff when social distancing is not possible. Students are encouraged to arrive at BASE with at least one clean face covering daily. 2020 Summer Protocol for Student Face Coverings
- Field trips are not planned at this time due to social distancing requirements.
- An individual curbside health and wellness screen, including taking body temperature, will be conducted daily for each student.
- Increased handwashing will take place hourly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for frequent use throughout the day.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation will take place.
- Students, families and staff exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms will be unable to participate.
These requirements are subject to change based on guidance from state and local health departments. The guidelines outlined by public health require us to increase staff and decrease student group sizes. Additionally, BASE staffing will be limited due to the requirements around employee qualifications and those able to lead a group of students independently, increasing the number of staff required each day by 40 percent.
As a result, our student group sizes will decrease and staff-to-student ratios will increase. In order to follow these guidelines and to maximize our staff's capacity, the operational hours for Summer BASE will be modified. BASE will be available this summer from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
2020 Summer BASE Locations & Availability
|Summer BASE Sites||Phone||Availability|
|Coyote Ridge||720-972-5795||Closed, full|
|*Hulstrom @ STEM Lab||720-972-8961||Open|
*K-5 only, no middle school