Welcome to Nutrition Services Community Connection!
Designed for us to connect with our parents and students across the district, this page will be our feedback headquarters. You will be able to visit this site to:
- Partake in and view the results to our annual Nutrition Services survey
- Discover next steps and programs that we are implementing based on your feedback
- Learn about community events and important dates that relate to Nutrition Services
We are excited to begin this new chapter with you and look for your voice to help guide our important work of feeding hungry minds!
The Taste of Adams 12 Five Star Schools Feedback
2017-18 Nutrition Services Feedback Survey Results
Nutrition Next Steps:
- We heard your need for increased education, so we turned our cafeterias into Learning Laboratories. Learn more about this program on our new Go Slow Whoa page, and visit our kitchens to view educational signage and Harvest Of The Month. Be on the lookout for "Did You Know" messaging each month on our Nutrition Services webpage, district social media, and posted on school websites.
- We will embark on process improvement to make our way to fresher, better tasting options of the utmost quality.
- Based on survey result feedback, we are currently analyzing menu items to improve our menu for school year 2018-19. Our plan is to look at increased protein at breakfast, increase favorite items, reduce least favorite items, and continue our goal of increasing semi-scratch menu items by 3% annually.
- While we do not have full control over time to eat, we are able to implement strategies that can help to increase line speed. We will be analyzing line speed and time to eat at each school site that we serve. With this information, we will work with school leaders and advocate for increased time to eat. We know more time means more consumption of healthier items.
- We will continue to look for opportunities to provide the best customer experience for every student, every day. In doing so we hope to stomp out the stigma of school meals to become the preferred choice for students at breakfast and/or lunch.
2017-18 Events/Important Dates- How are you celebrating?
- October 4, 2017- International Walk to School Day
- October 9-13, 2017- National School Lunch Week
- November 2017- American Diabetes Month
- February 2018- American Heart Month
- March 2018- National Nutrition Month
- March 5-9, 2018- National School Breakfast Week
- April 23-27, 2018- Every Kid Healthy Week
- May 9, 2018- Bike to School Day
In accordance with Federal civil rights laws and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, Adams 12 Nutrition Services is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity funded by USDA. Adams 12 Nutrition Services is an equal opportunity provider.
Any harassment/discrimination of students and/or staff, based on the aforementioned protected areas, will not be tolerated and must be reported either by contacting the Nutrition Services, Resource Manager at 720-972-6140 or by submitting the Civil Rights Complaint Form (English - Spanish). Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Services at (800) 877-8339.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers free breakfast and/or lunch this summer at six schools to children ages one to 18 years old. Meals are provided to all children at no charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To participate in the program, children simply need to eat at one of the participating schools. It is not necessary to ...