Community-wide Investment Plan
Investing in Every Student, Every School, Every Community
Every school, including our district charter schools, will benefit from the proposed bond plan that reflects the community’s priorities.
- Repair and replace aging building components such as heating and cooling, roofs or plumbing.
- Renovate aging schools and the Five Star Stadium; replace or upgrade athletic fields;improve facilities for art, music and theater, repair or replace playgrounds at schools across the district.
- Share a percentage of funding with district charter schools to address their facility needs.
Safety & Security
- Upgrade security cameras and recorders, implement consistent emergency protocol systems at all schools, and replace handheld emergency communication system.
- Provide every school with funding for specific instructional upgrades that meet learning needs. School leaders will engage communities in how to best utilize funds based on each school's unique needs.
- Build a new P-8 school in the Anthem neighborhood to address growth, construct new additions at Arapahoe Ridge and Cotton Creek elementary schools and purchase land for future schools.
- Expand Career and Technical Education offerings such as skilled trades, technical sciences, health care, advanced manufacturing, etc.
- Add new space for Early Childhood Education.
- Update critical communication systems, maintain reliable internet access and enhance online learning opportunities for students at all schools.
To view your neighborhood or child's school investment plan, visit here.
Construction and school improvement work will continue across the Five Star District in Summer 2021 as part of the 2016 Bond Program with projects at nearly 30 schools and facilities.
Planned work includes:Critical building systems improvements including plumbing repairs and mechanical systems such as building HVAC Safety and security improvements such as replacement and ...
It wasn't perhaps the celebration envisioned when ground was broken on a new career and technical education campus more than a year ago but Five Star Schools staff gathered Aug. 24 to celebrate substantial completion of construction on FutureForward at Washington Square , the district's second CTE campus.
The ceremony featured remarks from district leaders and a timely, socially- ...