The ELEVATE Process
ELEVATE is a year-long engagement process bringing parents, community members, students and staff together to develop a five-year strategic plan to elevate student success in the Five Star District. A five-year strategic plan reflecting the community's priorities will be unveiled August 2018.
The ELEVATE engagement sessions in fall 2017 have been an exciting time to hear from staff, students, parents and community members through interactive storytelling, dreaming and planning.
- Read a letter from Superintendent Chris Gdowski about the experience this fall going through the ELEVATE process and some of the themes we are hearing from the Five Star community on stories and strengths of the district.
- View a photo gallery of the events across the district.
- After hearing feedback from staff and community from throughout the district, the Core Team read all of the data received and began to "make-meaning" of the findings. They organized the data to be used in an online survey for the community to help prioritize needs.
- In Spring 2018, we asked for the community's input through an online survey to help prioritize focus areas and strategies developed from the fall feedback. Over 3,600 people participated in the survey.
Stage IIIsix focus areas while continuing to build on our strengths. The event was a huge success thanks to all the participants who "clipped in" to "let out some slack" to allow our students to climb even further by commiting to remain engaged in the community work of ensuring we ELEVATE student success for years to come.
Learn more about the Summit - were you there?
- View a photo gallery of the event
- See a photo collage of the ELEVATE Summit Photo Booth - are you pictured?
- See the handout for the event with details on the strengths and focus areas: English | Spanish
- Or view the powerpoint presentation from the event (English only)
- A special thanks to our sponsors:
Presenting to the Board
- On May 2 and June 20, 2018 the Core Team presented the process and initial findings to the Board of Education.
- The next presentations to the Board of Education are on August 8 and August 22, 2018. All meetings are open to the public and held at 1500 E. 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
Behind the scenes is our Core Team. Made up of half staff members and half community members, the Core Team helps plan engagement sessions, work through the data and lead the work ensuring that all stakeholders have a voice in developing our community-driven plan.
- Fall 2017 - Listened to parent, community, students and staff through conversations and collective visioning sessions determining who we are and where we want to go.
- Early 2018 - After hearing feedback from staff and community throughout the district, we compiled all of the data and began to "make-meaning" of the findings. The Core Team organized the data for the community to work through at the April "summit" meeting.
- Spring 2018 - The process culminated on April 5 with a district-wide Summit where over 230 people finalized the focus areas and collectively defined an action plan to achieve the new strategies.
- June 2018 - Draft of strategic plan, with a resource plan, presented to Board of Education.
- Fall 2018 - Strategic and resource plan finalized.
Contact Mark Poshak for questions on ELEVATE process and dates.