The District Accountability Committee (DAC) is an educator, parent and community member committee working to advise and prioritize district initiatives to the Board of Education, including:
- Recommending priorities on the district budget.
- Advising on the district’s and schools’ Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement or Turnaround plans.
- Reviewing new and renewal charter applications submitted to the Board of Education.
- Partnering with the Board of Education on other district issues or concerns, as needed.
Alisa Carroll, Teacher
Julie Foster, Staff
Kalen Nevarez, Parent
Karen Marietta, Parent
Katherine Sutton, Staff
Kevin West, Staff
Kim Brady, Principal
Laura Venturo, Teacher
Lisa Whitaker, Parent
Lynn Kehr, Parent
Mackenzie Carignan, Parent
Mark Poshak, Staff
Marty Gutierrez, Teacher
Maura Devine, Parent
Michelle Zeles-Hahn, Parent
Membership in the DAC shall be comprised of groups of representatives as follows:
- A minimum of 3 parents of students enrolled in the district’s public schools from a diverse geographical representation.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 teachers employed by the district.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 administrators employed by the district.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 persons involved in business in the community within the district boundary.
- And may appoint an appropriate number of classified staff members employed by the District.
- Regular meetings are at least three times per school year from August to June.
- Additional meetings may be scheduled throughout the year, as needed.
- DAC members serve two-year terms.
- The committee will elect officers and may form subcommittees.
- All meetings of the DAC and its subcommittees are open to the public.
Applications for the 2019-20 school year are now closed. Applications will open in the spring for the 2020-2021 school year.
Spots are limited. Acceptance is based on spots available (depending on seats that become available based on former members leaving and adhering to the guidelines above), quality of application form and a diverse geographical representation of the district. For questions, please contact Mark Poshak.