Data We Collect and Why
The data collected in the Five Star District is divided into three categories. Although all student data are protected, data may be used in different ways to support our students, parents and staff.
- Public- This data does not identify individual students. It includes aggregate data from both state and national assessments, such as District PARCC and CMAS average scores. This data is used to provide community stakeholders with important information regarding school and district performance.
- Progress- This is data used by teachers, administrators and support staff to monitor the academic, social and emotional needs of our students. It includes grades, attendance and classroom behavior. Progress data may also be collected through surveys and other forms of feedback provided by students and families.
- Personal- This is identifiable data provided by students and families. It is highly secured and includes addresses, contact information, and any other information used to support the health and safety of our students. This data is only accessible to specific staff members.
The links below provide additional information about how school districts gather and use data.
- Colorado Department of Education Data Privacy and Security
- Who uses student data?
- How is student data used?
The types of student data collected by Adams 12 Five Star Schools is available here.