If athlete has a suspected head injury, the coach will remove the student from play immediately and call 911 if needed. The coach will also:
- Contact an athletic trainer (ATC) immediately and monitor the athlete’s signs and symptoms. (If ATC is available, the ATC will perform a concussion evaluation. If ATC is not available, the coach will continue to monitor symptoms and use their best judgment for immediate referral needs.)
- Notify athlete’s parents to report the suspected concussion ASAP. (The ATC will also call parents)
- The ATC will review the red flags and return to play protocol requirements with parents, and recommend they schedule an appointment with their physician or make an appointment with the Children's Hospital concussion program or appropriate medical facility.
- Once an evaluation has taken place, the coach is to inform the building Athletic Director of the incident as soon as possible.
- The ATC will email the school nurse within 24 hours of the concussion evaluation.
- The ATC and the Athletic Director will communicate academic relief to the teachers of the student.
- The athlete will be cleared to return to sports and full academic activity only when cleared by physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant. A note must be obtained indicating medical clearance. The ATC will notify the school nurse when athlete has gained medical clearance. The ATC, along with the physician assigned to the school, will provide final clearance of the athlete to return to activity/sport assuring the return to play protocol has been followed. Concussion Comeback information.
Students who have participated at another school, but whose school adds a varsity program, must return to the school where they are enrolled to participate.Adams 12 Five Star Schools will have a District Lacrosse program for boys and girls in school year 2018-2019. ALL students in Adams 12 who wish to play lacrosse must compete for our district team.
If you have ...
Children’s Hospital Colorado and Adams 12 Five Star Schools have teamed up to offer the most comprehensive physicals around. Our goal is to provide all Five Star District middle and high school students the opportunity to receive a general medical exam, an efficient orthopedic assessment and a thorough cardiovascular evaluation. You must register to attend.
Saturday, May 19, 2018 7:30 ...