ELEVATE is a year-long engagement process to determine a new five-year strategic plan to be unveiled in August 2018. In Fall 2017, more than 3,000 parents, students, staff and community members participated in engagement sessions determining collective ideas to build on for the future of the district. In Winter 2018, the ELEVATE Core Team - a group of staff and community members tasked with leading the ELEVATE process - worked through the fall feedback, synthesizing the ideas into nine focus areas and emerging district strengths.
In March 2018, the Five Star community was asked to take an online survey to accomplish two tasks:
- Rank the nine focus areas based on priority of need
- Determine best phrasing for emerging district strengths
Read the full survey language.
Over 3,600 parents, students, staff and community members took the survey. Below are the results.
1. Survey participants were asked to rank the following focus areas: 21st Century Technology Learning Environments, Co-Curricular / Outside-the-Classroom Learning Opportunities, Collaborative Staff Supports (Staff Development & Resources), Community Engagement, Diverse Learning Opportunities, Safety, Social/Emotional Learning Supports, Transportation Enhancement and World-Class Staff.
2. When asked to choose language to best portray our emerging district strengths, the top choice was:
- At Adams 12 Five Star Schools, we:
- Focus on Students
Survey data will be used at the ELEVATE Summit on April 5, 2018 to help determine the final elements of the new strategic plan. For more information, visit www.adams12.org/ELEVATE.