Parents of Five Star students have the opportunity to provide feedback on the implementation and practice of Standards Based and Standards Referenced Grading at five community engagement sessions that will to all middle school and high school parents. All feedback will be collected via an online survey-- please bring a laptop, iPad or tablet if possible.
Each session below is designated by a student’s current or future high school. Parents of students attending Vantage Point High School or Pathways Future Center School are welcome to attend the session of their choice.
- Northglenn High School — Jan 30, 6-7 p.m.
- Horizon High School — Feb 6, 6-7 p.m.
- Thornton High School — Feb 8, 6-7 p.m.
- Legacy High School — Feb 16, 6-7 p.m.
- Mountain Range High School — Mar 2, 6-7 p.m.
- *An additional engagement session for parents of elementary students will be made available in March.
All sessions will be located at the Adams 12 Educational Support Center, 1500 E. 128th Ave. Thornton Co. 80241
Please be aware these sessions are not designed to explain current grading practices in the Five Star District; rather, each engagement session is designed to listen to and collect candid feedback from parents regarding current grading practices.
To ensure adequate seating, parents interested in attending must RSVP to Chris Brecht at (720) 972-4318.