On Oct. 2 the Board of Education will host a community conversation about the district’s focus on Safe Schools. In part one of a two-part “web of safety” series, the conversation will highlight current physical safety measures in Adams 12 Five Star Schools.*
WHEN: October 2 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Educational Support Center located at 1500 E. 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241
*A light dinner will be provided starting at 5:30 p.m.
Part I: Physical Safety
The evening will include a presentation from district staff and the opportunity to engage in table conversations about the following current physical safety measures that are ongoing in the Five Star District:
- Secure buildings - including secure vestibules at all levels, cameras, radios, high school secured campuses and student ID access, and Raptor® visitor system.
- Training, drills and response - including annual student and staff trainings, Standard Response Protocol (lockOUT, lockDOWN, evacuate, shelter, hold), timing of safety drills, district safety video, and district reunification team.
- Assessment and management of threats - including the threat assessment team and process, types of assessments, student safety plans and Safe2Tell.
- Safety staff and roles - including school safety teams, School Resource Officers, campus supervisors, district communication center and district safety leadership.
- Parent Partnership - including your role and how you can support student and school safety.
There will be an opportunity in the meeting to ask additional questions you may have.
Part II: Social-Emotional Learning & Safety
November 6 | 6 to 8 p.m.
Don’t forget, part two of the two-part “web of safety” series is scheduled for Nov. 6. The Board of Education will host a community conversation about the district’s focus on Social-Emotional Learning.
Save the date to join us in November for conversations about social-emotional learning curriculum, supports and staff at all grade levels, and mental health supports.