Guest Teacher Pay Rate
The payroll period is from the 16th of every month through the 15th of the following month. The district's payroll method is through direct deposit only. On the last business day of each month you will receive a notice sent to you via email, stating the net amount deposited into your account.
2017-18 Guest Teacher Pay Rates
- Entry Level Rate: $100.00 per day or $50.00 per 1/2 day. The Entry Level Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization without successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course. Once the SubSkills Training Course is complete and submitted to the Substitute Office, the Guest Teacher will receive the Regular Rate.
- Regular Rate: $120.00 per day or $60.00 per 1/2 day. The Regular Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding one of the following CDE licenses: Professional, Interim, Initial, 5-Year Substitute Authorization or a 1 or 3 Year Substitute Authorization WITH successful completion of a STEDI.org Subskills Training Course. STEDI.org Training is recommended but NOT required for educators holding a CDE educator license or a 5-Year Substitute Authorization.
- Long-Term Rate: $140.00 per day or $70.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
2017-18 Five Star Retiree Guest Teacher Pay Rates
- Regular Retiree Rate: $120.00 per day or $60.00 per 1/2 day
- Long-Term Retiree Rate: $150.00 per day or $75.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
Super Sub Bonus for Guest Teachers
- A Super Sub Bonus will be paid in January 2018 for all of our Guest Teachers who have actively worked 70 or more assignments** from August 16th - December 22, 2017. A second bonus will be paid in June 2018 for all of our Guest Teachers who have actively worked 75 or more assignments from January 9th - May 23, 2018.
- The Super Sub Bonus will be paid retroactively to include all days worked, as long as the minimum number of days (full and half days) have been met, or exceeded.
- Any Guest Teacher who works over 70 days first semester and/or works over 75 days second semester will earn an additional $20.00 per full day ($10.00 per half day).
- ** District school day closures (snow days, emergencies, etc.) are excluded from the 70 or 75 day count. Guest Teachers must actively work the assignment to count towards the bonus.
2017-18 Five Star Classified Substitutes Pay Rates
You are paid hourly at step 1 from the Classified Salary Table for the title of the position that you would be substituting. The job titles that we provide our substitute services for are the following: Campus Security, Student Monitors, Paraprofessionals for Classrooms, Preschool, Special Education and Special Needs and Office work for the schools or the ESC Building.