Administrators include positions that provide leadership to Adams Five Star Schools schools and departments. For a list of Administrator positions, review our administrative job descriptions and information technology job descriptions.
As a new Administrator to Adams 12 Five Star Schools you must complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Administrator Employment Information: You will receive an email from Human Resources after you have accepted the position through our application system. It will include information about your assignment and HR contact information.
STEP 2: Background Check: After accepting the position in the system you will receive an email from our 3rd Party Vendor, Background Information Services Inc. (BISI), with instructions to complete the background screening questionnaire. This must be completed within 24 hours of receipt of the email. You will be contacted by Human Resources if there are concerns with your background check.
STEP 3: All new hires must sign up for an orientation session. Each orientation session is approximately 2 hours long. Orientations are held at the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Educational Support Center at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
- Orientation Agenda
- 9:00 am - Registration / Check-in / Information Tables
- 9:30 am - Welcome to Adams 12
- 10:00 am - School Safety Presentation
- 10:30 am - Question & Answer / Information Tables
STEP 4: Complete and Submit the following new hire packet and licensure information (if applicable). Download, print, and complete the new hiring packet. Submit the completed hiring packet, I-9 Form with acceptable identification documents, Colorado Department of Educator's license (if required for your position), and transcripts to Human Resources at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
Please note: In order to help expedite your hire and streamline the orientation process, we request that you bring your completed new hire packet and any other documentation to Human Resources prior to your orientation date.
- New Administrator Packet: Non-Licensed Administrators or Licensed Administrators
- I-9 Form : Identification is required for I-9 verification. Please bring original IDs with you when you submit your forms to Human Resources.
- Colorado Teaching or Special Services License - Provide a copy of your CDE license or an application receipt, if required for your new position. If you do not have a valid Colorado educator license, submit your application immediately. Depending on the time of year, it can take a month or more for processing of licenses, so apply as quickly as you can. Log on to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) website
- Original official transcripts: Adams 12 does not require applicants to submit transcripts as a part of the application process. You must submit original, official transcripts showing all conferred degrees to Human Resources by: emailing official electronic transcripts from your university securely to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing or dropping off original official transcripts to Human Resources at 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, CO 80241.
STEP 5: Adams 12 Email: After your paperwork has been processed you will be assigned an employee ID number. Please use the Email Login Instructions to setup your email account.
STEP 6: Benefits Information: Eligible employees will receive an email for online enrollment once required hiring paperwork is completed, submitted and processed. Review Benefits page for information regarding eligibility, enrollment and next steps.
STEP 7: New Employee Handbook & Payroll Information: Review Payroll Information and the New Employee Handbook. All new employees are required to become familiar with the contents of the New Employee Handbook.
STEP 8: Review the following additional information/resources:
- Administrative Compensation Program
- Administrator Calendars
- Important Payroll Information
- District Policies
- Employee/Staff website
** PLEASE NOTE even though you have been recommended for hire, you will not be formally employed by Adams 12 Five Star Schools until you satisfy ALL of the employment conditions that have been established by the District, and the Board of Education approves your recommendation for hire.**
Human Resources Contact Information for Administrators
Human Resources | (720) 972-4068 | email@example.com