New Classified Employees
New Classified Employees
Classified employees include positions that provide important services that support the district's education goals and vision. A list of positions that are considered classified can be found here: Classified Job List
As a new Classified Employee to Adams 12 Five Star Schools you must complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Classified Employment Information: You will receive an email from Human Resources after you have accepted the position through our application system. It will include information about your assignment and HR contact information.
STEP 2: Background Check: After accepting the position in the system you will receive an email from our 3rd Party Vendor, Background Information Services Inc. (BISI), with instructions to complete the background screening questionnaire. This must be completed within 24 hours of receipt of the email. Once the results of the background check have been returned to the district you will receive an email from Human Resources to proceed to the next step of the process.
STEP 3: All new hires must sign up for an orientation session*. Each orientation session is approximately 2 hours long. Orientations are held at the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Educational Support Center at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241. (*New hires that are current students or under the age of 18 are not required to attend orientation. Please continue through the remaining steps below.)
STEP 4: Complete and Submit the following new hire packet. Download, print, and complete the new hiring packet. Submit the completed hiring packet and I-9 Form with acceptable identification documents to Human Resources at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
Please note: In order to help expedite your hire and streamline the orientation process, we request that you bring your completed new hire packet and any other documentation to Human Resources prior to your orientation date.
- New Classified Employees Hiring Packet
- I-9 Form : Identification is required for I-9 verification. Please bring original IDs with you when you submit your forms to Human Resources.
STEP 5: Adams 12 Email: After your paperwork has been processed you will be assigned an employee ID number. Please use the Email Login Instructions to setup your email account.
STEP 6: Salary Placement:
- All Newly hired classifed employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. If you are unsure of the pay grade associated with your new position, click on the Classified Job List above to determine that information.
- Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. Classified employees are responsible for sending a Classified Verification of Employment Form to their previous employers to advance on the Classified Salary Schedule. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that verification forms are completed, accurate and submitted to Human Resources. Steps are granted based on the number of hours worked in a similar position.
- Newly hired classified employees can continue to submit experience forms through the first 90 calendar days of regular employment. If additional steps can be granted during the first 90 calendar days of regular employment, the new pay rate will be retroactive to their start date and retroactive pay will be given, if applicable. After the first 90 days, the steps can still be granted effective for the next payroll period.
STEP 7: Benefits Information: Review Benefits page for information regarding eligibility, enrollment and next steps.
STEP 8: New Employee Handbook & Payroll Information: Review Payroll Information and the New Employee Handbook. All new employees are required to become familiar with the contents of the New Employee Handbook.
STEP 9: CSEA Information/Enrollment: Classified employees may choose to become members of the Classified School Employees Association (CSEA). Information about the CSEA and how it supports classified employees can be found in the CSEA Flyer. Please note that you will be automatically enrolled as a member after 30 days if you do not decline membership. Please complete the CSEA membership form and indicate whether you want to enroll or decline membership within 30 days of starting your position at Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
STEP 20: Review the following additional information/resources:
- Salary Schedule 2018
- Classified Verification of Employment Form
- Classified Master Agreement 2018
- New Employee Handbook
- Important Payroll Information
- District Policies
- Staff Website
** PLEASE NOTE even though you have been recommended for hire, you will not be formally employed by Adams 12 Five Star Schools until you satisfy ALL of the employment conditions that have been established by the District, and the Board of Education approves your recommendation for hire.**
Human Resources Contact Information for Classified Employees:
Vickie Johansson | firstname.lastname@example.org | (720) 972-4067