New Classified Employees
Classified employees include positions that provide important services that support the district's education goals and vision. A list of positions that are considered classified can be found here: Classified Job List
New Classified Employee to Adams 12 Five Star Schools must complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Classified Employment Information: You will receive an email from Human Resources after you have electronically accepted the position through TeacherMatch. If you do not receive an email to officially accept the recommendation for hire through TeacherMatch, please contact either your supervisor or Human Resources.
STEP 2: Fingerprints: After electronically accepting the position in TeacherMatch, you may begin completing the steps outlined on this page. You will be required to submit your fingerprints. Fingerprints are taken at the Human Resources Office in the Educational Support Center between the hours of 8:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. Fingerprint appointments are recommended. Your background check must be clear before you will be authorized to begin work. You will be contacted by Human Resources if there are concerns with your background check. At the time you are submitting your fingerprints in Human Resources, we recommended that you submit the new employee forms as outlined in Step 3 below.
STEP 3: Complete the Classified Hiring Packet.
Complete the Classified Hiring Packet by typing your information on forms in the packet prior to printing it out and providing signatures. If you need assistance or don’t have a computer or printer, they are available in the Human Resources office located at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
Submit the completed hiring packet with the acceptable forms of identification needed for I-9 verification to Human Resources at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241. Human Resources must collect fingerprints from you in our office for background purposes.
Please note: In order to help expedite your hire and streamline the orientation process, we request that you bring your completed new hire packet, have your fingerprints taken, and turn in any other documentation to Human Resources as soon as possible and before your orientation date. Human Resources will notify your hiring administrator once you are authorized to begin work (Physical is complete if required, I-9 Form is received, and fingerprints and background check are clear).
STEP 4: All new hires must sign up for an orientation session*. Each orientation session is approximately 2 hours long. Orientations are held at the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Educational Support Center at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241. (*New hires that are current students or under the age of 18 are not required to attend orientation. Please continue through the remaining steps below.)
9:00 am - Registration / Check-in (Orientation Presentation begins at 9:15 am)
- Submit fingerprints if needed
- Submit new hire paperwork if needed
- Obtain a key/access card for your building, if applicable to your position
- 9:15 am - Welcome to Adams 12 Presentation
- 9:50 am - School Safety Presentation
10:20 am - Question & Answer / Information Tables
- Representatives from Benefits, Processing (New Hire Paperwork/Salary), Substitute Services, Employment (background/fingerprints), District 12 Education's Association (DTEA), Classified School Employees Association (CSEA) and a district university partner will be available to answer any questions you have about working at Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
- 9:00 am - Registration / Check-in (Orientation Presentation begins at 9:15 am)
STEP 5: Adams 12 Email: After your paperwork has been processed you will be assigned an employee ID number. Please use the Email Login Instructions to setup your email account.
STEP 6: Salary Placement:
- All Newly hired classifed employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. If you are unsure of the pay grade associated with your new position, click on the Classified Job List above to determine that information.
- Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. Classified employees are responsible for sending a Classified Verification of Employment Form to their previous employers to advance on the Classified Salary Schedule. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that verification forms are completed, accurate and submitted to Human Resources. Steps are granted based on the number of hours worked in a similar position.
- Newly hired classified employees can continue to submit experience forms through the first 90 calendar days of regular employment. If additional steps can be granted during the first 90 calendar days of regular employment, the new pay rate will be retroactive to their start date and retroactive pay will be given, if applicable. After the first 90 days, the steps can still be granted effective for the next payroll period.
STEP 7: Benefits Information: Eligible employees will receive an email for online enrollment once required hiring paperwork is completed, submitted and processed. Review Benefits page for information regarding eligibility, enrollment and next steps.
STEP 8: New Employee Handbook & Payroll Information: Review Payroll Information and the New Employee Handbook. All new employees are required to become familiar with the contents of the New Employee Handbook.
STEP 9: CSEA Information/Enrollment: Classified employees may choose to become members of the Classified School Employees Association (CSEA). Information about the CSEA and how it supports classified employees can be found in the CSEA Flyer. If you wish to become a member, please complete the CSEA membership form found in your hiring packet.
STEP 10: Review the following additional information/resources:
- Salary Schedule 2019
- Classified Verification of Employment Form
- Classified Master Agreement 2019
- New Employee Handbook
- Important Payroll Information
- District Policies
- Staff Website
- Frontline Absence Management
** PLEASE NOTE even though you have been recommended for hire, you will not be formally employed by Adams 12 Five Star Schools until you satisfy ALL of the employment conditions that have been established by the District, and the Board of Education approves your recommendation for hire.**
Human Resources Contact Information for Classified Employees:
Jason Thompson | firstname.lastname@example.org | (720) 972-4069
We asked staff members how they will ELEVATE student success this year. Watch below to hear what they said!
How will you ELEVATE student success?Video of How will you ELEVATE student success?
View the video with Spanish subtitles .
ELEVATE, our community-created strategic plan, is complete and we are well on our way to implementing the initiatives dreamed-up by our ...
Thank you! Thank you for investing in the students of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Ballot Issue 5C passed with 56.30 percent voter approval.
With your support, we are now able to jump-start the priorities outlined in our strategic plan ELEVATE that parents, students, staff and community members worked together to create.
Thank you for passing 5C
This additional ...