Pay Rates for Substitute Teachers
2018-2019 CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE PAY RATES
Guest Teachers are paid either a full day or a half day:
|Rate Description||Full Day Rate||Licensure Requirements|
|Entry Level Rate||$100.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations -WITHOUT STEDI TRAINING|
|Guest Teacher Rate||$120.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations - WITH STEDI TRAINING|
|Licensed Guest Teacher Rate||$130.00||Professional, Interim, Initial, or 5-Year Substitute Licenses|
|Adams 12 Retiree Daily Rate||$140.00||Professional, Interim, Initial, or 5-Year Substitute Licenses|
|Adams 12 Retiree Long-Term Rate||$155.00|
- Entry Level Rate: $100.00 per day or $50.00 per 1/2 day. The Entry Level Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization without successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course. Once the SubSkills Training Course is complete and submitted to the Substitute Office, the Guest Teacher will receive the Guest Teacher Rate.
- Guest Teacher Rate: $120.00 per day or $60.00 per 1/2 day. The Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization WITH successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course.
- Licensed Guest Teacher Rate: $130.00 per day or $65.00 per 1/2 day. The Licensed Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding one of the following CDE licenses: Professional, Interim, Initial, or a 5-Year Substitute Authorization.
- Long-Term Rate: $150.00 per day or $75.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
2018-19 Adams 12 Retiree Guest Teacher Pay Rates
- Regular Adams 12 Retiree Rate: $140.00 per day or $70.00 per 1/2 day
- Long-Term Adams 12 Retiree Rate: $155.00 per day or $77.50 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
2018-19 Super Sub Bonus
A bonus will be paid in January 2019 for Guest Teachers who hold a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization, earning the daily rate of $100.00 or $120.00 (Entry Level Guest Teacher or Guest Teacher), who have actively worked 70 or more assignments during the first semester of the 2018-19 school year. A second bonus will be paid in June 2019 for Guest Teachers who hold a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization, earning the daily rate of $100.00 or $120.00 (Entry Level Guest Teacher or Guest Teacher), who have actively worked 75 or more assignments during the second semester of the 2018-19 school year.
The Super Sub Bonus will be paid retroactively to include all days worked, as long as the minimum days (full and half days) have been meet or exceeded.
Only Guest Teachers who are paid at the Entry Leve Rate of $100.00 per day or at the Guest Teacher Rate of $120.00 per day, and work over the 70 days first semester and over 75 days second semester earn an additional $10.00 for a full day ($5.00 per half day). The 2018-19 Super Sub Bonus is not available for Licensed Guest Teachers or Adams 12 Retiree Guest Teachers.
The district will monitor the success in increasing the number of days worked by each guest teacher in consideration of whether to continue the bonus program for those who hold 1 or 3 year authorizations.
** District school day closures (snow days, emergencies, etc.) are excluded from the 145 day count. Guest Teachers must actively work the assignment to count towards the bonus.
2018-19 Adams 12 Classified Substitutes Pay Rates
|Classified Substitute Assignment||Hourly Pay Rate|
|Paraeducator, Special Programs (Special Needs)||$14.25|
|Paraeducator, Special Education Instruction||$13.69|
|Paraeducator, Classroom Assistant||$11.25|
|Student Monitor (Lunchroom/Recess)||$11.25|
|Office Work (depends upon the assignment)|
You are paid hourly at step 1 from the Classified Salary Table for the title of the position that you would be substituting. The job titles that we provide our substitute services for are the following: Campus Security, Student Monitors, Paraprofessionals for Classrooms, Preschool, Special Education and Special Needs and Office work for the schools or the ESC Building.
We asked staff members how they will ELEVATE student success this year. Watch below to hear what they said!
How will you ELEVATE student success?Video of How will you ELEVATE student success?
View the video with Spanish subtitles .
ELEVATE, our community-created strategic plan, is complete and we are well on our way to implementing the initiatives dreamed-up by our ...
Thank you! Thank you for investing in the students of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Ballot Issue 5C passed with 56.30 percent voter approval.
With your support, we are now able to jump-start the priorities outlined in our strategic plan ELEVATE that parents, students, staff and community members worked together to create.
Thank you for passing 5C
This additional ...