Substitute Teachers Pay Rates
2021-2022 CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE PAY RATES (New Rates are effective beginning October 18, 2021)
Guest Teachers are paid either a full day or a half day:
|Rate Description||Full Day Rate||Licensure Requirements|
|Entry Level Daily Rate||$145.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations -WITHOUT STEDI TRAINING|
|Guest Teacher Daily Rate||$175.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations - WITH STEDI TRAINING|
|Licensed Guest Teacher Daily Rate||$180.00||Professional, Interim, Initial, or 5-Year Substitute Licenses|
|Guest Teacher Retiree Daily Rate||$190.00|
|In-Building Guest Teacher||$185.00|
|Long Term Rate||$200.00|
- Entry Level Rate: $145.00 per day or $72.50 per 1/2 day. The Entry Level Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization without successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course. Once the SubSkills Training Course is complete and submitted to the Substitute Office, the Guest Teacher will receive the Guest Teacher Rate.
- Guest Teacher Rate: $175.00 per day or $87.50 per 1/2 day. The Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization WITH successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course.
- Licensed Guest Teacher Rate: $180.00 per day or $90.00 per 1/2 day. The Licensed Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding one of the following CDE licenses: Professional, Interim, Initial, or a 5-Year Substitute Authorization.
- Regular Guest Teacher Retiree Rate: $190.00 per day or $95.00 per 1/2 day.
- Long-Term Rate: $200.00 per day or $100.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
In addition to the pay program listed above, schools identified as having a higher than average unfilled rate may have one or more in-building guest teacher. The identified schools select and hire their own in-building guest teacher. In-building guest teacher rate is $185.00 per day ($92.50 half day).
2021 Adams 12 Classified Substitutes Pay Rates
|Classified Substitute Assignment||Hourly Pay Rate|
|Paraeducator, Special Programs (Special Needs)||$17.29|
|Paraeducator, Special Education Instruction||$16.49|
|Paraeducator, Classroom Assistant||$15.00|
|Student Monitor (Lunchroom/Recess)||$15.00|
|Office Work (depends upon the assignment)|
You are paid hourly at step 1 from the Classified Salary Table for the title of the position that you would be substituting. The job titles that we provide our substitute services for are the following: Campus Security, Student Monitors, Paraprofessionals for Classrooms, Preschool, Special Education and Special Needs and Office work for the schools or the ESC Building.
We asked staff members how they will ELEVATE student success this year. Watch below to hear what they said!
How will you ELEVATE student success?Video of How will you ELEVATE student success?
View the video with Spanish subtitles .
ELEVATE, our community-created strategic plan, is complete and we are well on our way to implementing the initiatives dreamed-up by our ...
Thank you! Thank you for investing in the students of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Ballot Issue 5C passed with 56.30 percent voter approval.
With your support, we are now able to jump-start the priorities outlined in our strategic plan ELEVATE that parents, students, staff and community members worked together to create.
Thank you for passing 5C
This additional ...