Mission & Vision
Independence Academy exists to provide individualized instruction focusing on social emotional well being for all students in a highly structured, positive learning environment. We work to identify the learning gaps for every student and provide the support and instruction to help gain the skills needed to be successful in their future endeavors.
Students will attain the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue the future of their choosing and are equipped to navigate and thrive in rapidly changing world.
- Students do well if they can. If they are not being successful it is due to not having the skills to handle the situation they are facing.
- An individualized, trauma sensitive learning environment is necessary to support students’ social emotional needs.
- In utilizing positive, proactive approaches to handling student behaviors.
- Students learn best through collaborative work and problem solving with staff and peers.
- All students start at Independence Academy with a “clean slate”, and each day is a new opportunity for them to be successful.
- Students are most successful when school and home are working together.