Parents and community members encouraged to apply by May 19, 2019
So you want to get involved and make a difference in education for your community. How about joining a committee? For the 2019-20 school year, the Five Star District is looking for quality parent and community leaders to join committees to help influence and lead our district work.
1. Mill Levy Override Oversight Committee (MLOC) *NEW*
- The Mill Levy Override Oversight Committee (MLOC) is a parent- and community-led group that serves as an independent and objective monitor by providing spending and budgeting oversight of Mill Levy Override funds from Ballot Measure 5C. Meets twice a school year. More info.
2. District Accountability Committee (DAC)
- The DAC is an educator, parent and community member committee working to advise and prioritize district initiatives to the Board of Education, including spending priorities, the district unified improvement plan (UIP) and charter applications. Meets once-a-month on Wednesday evenings. More info.
3. Finance and Audit Committee (FAC)
- The FAC is a parent and community group who works to continuously improve upon the overall financial health of the district by providing reliable and unbiased fiscal oversight. Meets once-a-month, Wednesday mornings. More info.
4. Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC)
- The LRPAC is a community-led oversight committee featuring parents and community members who serve as a 2016 Bond Program oversight and long-term planning accountability committee. Meets once-a-month on Thursday mornings. More info.
Apply now: www.adams12.org/committees
All applications due by May 19, 2019
Spots are limited. Acceptance is based on spots available, quality of application and a diverse geographical representation of the district. For questions, please contact Mark Poshak.