Lacrosse Update - December 2017
We continue to plan and prepare for our return to Lacrosse (LAX) in the 2018-19 school year. It is exciting to be able to restore this sport in our district. Many students in high school and middle school have expressed interest in participating in LAX for Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Here are reminders and updates for athletes and families as we re-start our program with the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA).
· Conduct LAX clinics for boys and girls NOT participating for another CHSAA sponsored high school program.
· Offer spring lacrosse club opportunities for boys and girls. This may include lower level games against other high school teams.
· Provide fundraising opportunities to lacrosse families.
· Adams 12 Human Resources will post job vacancies and interview head boys and girls coaching candidates.
· Adams 12 Human Resources will post job vacancies for assistant coaching positions.
· Order equipment and uniforms.
· Conduct voluntary, off-season workouts.
· Boys and Girls Lacrosse is a spring sport and our first official CHSAA season will be in the spring of 2019.
· Adams 12 will offer a unified district program for both boys and girls.
· We anticipate offering Varsity and JV levels.
· 2017-18 clinics, conditioning and LAX training programs are available through the booster club, the Adams 12 United Lacrosse Alliance.
· High school students may try-out and participate for another district program during the 2017-18 school year.
· In 2018-19, all high school students in Adams 12 who wish to play lacrosse must compete for our district team.
Lacrosse is returning to Adams 12 Five Star Schools as a self-funded athletic program. As such, lacrosse may not align with the district athletic fee schedule. Fundraising will be done through the Lacrosse Booster Club. The Adams 12 United Lacrosse Alliance link to webpage is: http://tshq.bluesombrero.com/adams12unitedlax