LRPAC members present to Board of Education
Members of the Five Star Schools Long Range Facility Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) presented its biannual report at the Board of Education's regular meeting May 24, highlighting the committee's work over the past year and updating the board on the status of district bond projects.
The Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) is a community-led oversight committee featuring parents and community members of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. The LRPAC also serves as a bond oversight and accountability committee for the 2016 Bond Program. Part of the committee's responsibility includes a biannual report to the Board of Education on the spending and progress of the bond.
Committee members Tiffany Anderson, Maura Devine, Linda Hartman and Lori Goldstein (ex officio) shared board presentation duties. Topics outlined for the board included:
- The LRPAC's transition following the passage of the bond into a planning/advisory and bond accountability role.
- A recap of the need for a bond and a high-level overview of what is included.
- An overview of current bond projects, including P-8 School in Anthem, STEM Lab reconstruction and renovation, new Career and Technical Education campus and the first eight district schools scheduled for renovations in 2018. The overview included financial status reports on each project including explations of differences between the original pre-bond budget estimate and current cost estimates.
- Recommendations on guiding principles for the boundary development process for the new P-8 school and surrounding area.
- A discussion on challenges and successes for the committee over the past year and steps moving forward.
To learn more about the work of LRPAC, visit www.adams12.org/LRPAC.
This fall, the LRPAC is likely recruiting new members. If interested in applying, please contact Mark Poshak.