Faces of Five Star Schools
Gladys Fernández, District Translation Services Manager. We asked her a number of questions and here are five of her answers.
- I have been a part of the Five Star Community for 26 years.
- Something people may not know about me is that I graduated high school a month before my 16th birthday.
- My favorite type of food is Caribbean food from my island, Puerto Rice (where I grew up).
- My favorite childhood memory is when we just moved outside the city and the power went out. We sat outside talking about the stars and saw cucubanos. Their light was beautiful against the dark of the night. I will never forget it!
- I am most proud of making the decision to move to Colorado to better my health, never give up, become a productive member of society, and still be alive at 56 years old.
Over the course of the 2018-2019 school year, we invite you to join us in meeting the many Faces of Five Star Schools. Every week throughout the school year, a new "face" will be added on district social media and to the district website giving you a little insight into the many members of the Five Star community! We will highlight many different members of the Five Star community, including students, staff, parents and community members. Meet them all at www.adams12.org/faces