Cotton Creek Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Construction began in December 2017 on an 8-classroom expansion to Cotton Creek Elementary. Construction on the expansion is anticipated to last through the early part of Summer 2018 with work expected to be complete for the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Improvements to the existing building will take place in Summer 2018.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools Staff and the project team for the Cotton Creek Elementary expansion project hosted a pre-construction community meeting in September 2017 to share the latest design plans with parents and community members and also provide a preview of the construction process. If you were not able to attend this meeting, you can view the meeting presentation here:
A Design Advisory Group (DAG), of school staff, parents and community members, worked with the architectural team in Spring 2017 to develop the conceptual plans for the addition and renovation work. Together, the project team has identified a potential location and layout for the addition, and is focusing in on the bond-mandated renovations to the existing school. You can review minutes from these DAG meetings below:
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to begin in early 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
Architect: RB+B Architects
Contractor: JHL Constructors
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing exterior window and door systems
Equipment & Furnishings
- Repair playground equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Capacity / Overcrowding
- Build addition to replace mobiles and increase classroom space *Building Addition
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.