Community-wide Investment Plan
Investing in Every Student, Every School, Every Community
Every school, including our district charter schools, will benefit from the proposed bond plan that reflects the community’s priorities.
- Repair and replace aging building components such as heating and cooling, roofs or plumbing.
- Renovate aging schools and the Five Star Stadium; replace or upgrade athletic fields;improve facilities for art, music and theater, repair or replace playgrounds at schools across the district.
- Share a percentage of funding with district charter schools to address their facility needs.
Safety & Security
- Upgrade security cameras and recorders, implement consistent emergency protocol systems at all schools, and replace handheld emergency communication system.
- Provide every school with funding for specific instructional upgrades that meet learning needs. School leaders will engage communities in how to best utilize funds based on each school's unique needs.
- Build a new P-8 school in the Anthem neighborhood to address growth, construct new additions at Arapahoe Ridge and Cotton Creek elementary schools and purchase land for future schools.
- Expand Career and Technical Education offerings such as skilled trades, technical sciences, health care, advanced manufacturing, etc.
- Add new space for Early Childhood Education.
- Update critical communication systems, maintain reliable internet access and enhance online learning opportunities for students at all schools.
To view your neighborhood or child's school investment plan, visit here.
Signing steel beams is becoming a bit of an October tradition for the students and staff of STEM Lab in Northglenn.
For the second time in a little over a year, the STEM Lab school community came together to sign a large steel beam destined for a part of the reconstructed school, which is in the second phase of a two-year renovation and reconstruction project. Adolfson and Peterson ...
With a busy summer of successful bond projects now in the rear-view mirror, the focus for the Five Star District's 2016 Bond Program project teams has shifted toward an even busier anticipated Summer 2019.
Planning is under way on more than 30 projects [See if your school is scheduled to receive Summer 2019 bond improvements ] , more than the double the amount of bond projects that ...