Cotton Creek Elementary is dedicated to the educational success of each individual student through the strong partnership of students, staff and the greater community.
Cotton Creek students gain academic skills in a warm, caring environment. Teachers help students develop a keen sense of empathy through interactions with different cultures and individual needs; differences are celebrated and embraced as the norm, not the exception.
As a neighborhood school, Cotton Creek values and encourages collaboration among staff and the parent community to support individual needs and impart a love of learning in each student. As a result of this collaboration, students leave Cotton Creek with the skills, knowledge and confidence to become lifelong learners and responsible, constructive members of society.
Significant Support Needs: Serves K-5 children with significant learning disabilities. The program focuses on finding the “key” to unlock each child’s learning potential. Students attend the same classes as peers, learning at their own pace while participating in class activities. Occupational, physical and speech therapy, as well as mental health services, are available for qualifying students.
Structured Learning Support: Program that provides additional instruction, structures and support to students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) or characteristics of ASD, resulting in increased independence and success in educational settings.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see District Policy 5230.
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; One Proof of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.