McElwain Elementary School builds a foundation for all students to become inquiring, knowledgeable and caring people.
As an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme school, McElwain provides a challenging, engaging, relevant and inquiry-based education centered on international-mindedness. The programme is comprised of a transdisciplinary framework that encourages students to develop an understanding of the world around them through their studies. Spanish is offered as a second language for kindergarten through fifth grade.
During their elementary years, McElwain students are shaped to become high-achieving, productive and internationally-minded learners who work to create a more peaceful world.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
Kindergartners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see District Policy 5230.
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; One Proof of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (Spanish)
- Student Packet (Spanish)
- Household Change Form (Spanish)
- Transfer Application (Spanish)
- Immunization Information
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.