Thunder Vista P-8 Boundaries
In December 2017, Adams 12 Five Star Schools announced new elementary and middle school boundaries in anticipation of the Fall 2018 opening of the new Thunder Vista P-8 in Broomfield. These boundaries were developed and adopted after an extensive community engagement process that involved:
- The establishment of Guiding Principles to ensure any proposed attendance boundary changes reflect the values and priorities of district parents and community residents
- Multiple opportunities for the public to review and provide input on proposed attendance boundaries
The district's community-led Long Range Facility Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) was responsible for the development of these boundaries and the boundary recommendations that were presented to the Five Star Schools Superintendent in November 2017.
After reviewing the LRPAC boundary recommendations, the Superintendent has adopted the following boundaries to take effect for the 2018-19 school year. In addition to providing a designated elementary and middle school attendance boundary for Thunder Vista P-8, this process also made some smaller changes to existing boundaries in the general area north of 136th Avenue and west of Interstate 25. These specific changes are noted with each boundary map as well as rationale developed by LRPAC for the recommendation of these boundaries.
Please use the updated district boundary locator to see attendance boundary designations for your specific address.
All of Anthem Highlands and Anthem Ranch to Thunder Vista P-8, North Park Townhomes 1 & 2 to Thunder Vista P-8, Quail Creek Community to Meridian Elementary, Arbor Commons Apartments to Meridian Elementary.
- Better balances enrollment impacts across all affected schools and aligns best to the first guiding principle – Accommodate Growth
- Keeps neighborhood students at the same school and aligns best with the second guiding principle – Minimize the Impact on Existing Schools/Students (includes minimize splitting neighborhood)
- Results in a compact and logical boundary, minimizes the time and distance students are bused to school and aligns best to our fifth guiding principle – Minimize Busing
- Based on projections, ensures impacted schools remain at enough enrollment to provide full programming and aligns best to our fourth guiding principle - Open/Operate Schools with Enough Enrollment to Provide an Adequate Program
All of Anthem Highlands and Anthem Ranch to Thunder Vista P-8, North Park Townhomes 1 & 2 to Thunder Vista P-8, Quail Creek Community to Rocky Top Middle School, Wildgrass and Mountain View Estates Communities to Westlake Middle School.
- Does the best job of minimizing the number of split feeders and of neighborhoods split between schools which aligns with our second guiding principle – Minimize the Impact on Existing Schools/Students
- Dramatically reduces the time and distance students are bused aligning best to our fifth guiding principle - Minimize Busing
Boundary Process Themes
Through this process, the district received additional input and feedback on some concerns that couldn't be solved directly through this boundary development process. LRPAC members have listened to and acknowledged these concerns and issued a sub-set of recommendations for the Superintendent and district to consider moving forward. Please review these boundary process themes here.
Thunder Vista P-8 Enrollment Options
With the establishment of these attendance boundaries, you may have questions about enrollment options for the new Thunder Vista P-8. We have created an online guide to help you understand your enrollment options for attending this new school. Please click on one of the following to better understand your options for attending this new school.
Elementary and middle school attendance boundaries have been announced for the new Thunder Vista P-8 school. The new school, scheduled to open in Fall 2018, is being built in the Anthem community of Broomfield.
The new boundaries set designated attendance areas for students who will attend the new school and also includes some smaller boundary changes to existing school boundaries in ...