Watch a Spanish version of this video!
*NEW* On Wednesday, August 15, 2018, the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Board of Education unanimously approved the ELEVATE strategic plan which will elevate student success for years to come!
ELEVATE is a process and a plan. It was our year-long engagement process during the 2017-18 school year that brought together parents, community members, students and staff to develop a new strategic plan to elevate student success in the Five Star District.
ELEVATE is also now our strategic plan unveiled Fall 2018.
During the 2017-18 school year more than 7,000 students, parents, staff and community members from 49 schools came together to determine who we are and dream where we want to go over the next five years. Read more.
While we celebrate unprecedented growth in student academic success, we also face a greater diversity of needs than ever before with continued funding shortfalls, including decade-long funding cuts from the state of Colorado totaling over $373 million for Adams 12 Five Star Schools alone. Read more.
Building on recent success and the strengths of the district, we collectively determined a plan for our future, including:
- Six key focus areas that will drive our work for the next five years
- Five key strengths of our district that shape our culture of learning
On Wednesday, August 15, 2018, the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Board of Education unanimously approved the ELEVATE strategic plan which will elevate student success for years to come!
ELEVATE is our roadmap for the future. But the questions is when and how fast? Without additional funding, our route to further success is rocky and slow. As we move forward with finalizing the new five-year strategic plan, how could we jump-start the work? Read more.
- Investment Flyer: What would we prioritize should we have more resources? Read or handout for more information: English | Spanish
- On Wednesday, August 22, 2018, the board will determine whether to place a local mill levy override proposal on the upcoming November ballot. They will also vote on a resolution of support for a statewide initiative to improve education funding.
- When: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Educational Support Center - 1500 E. 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241
Contact Mark Poshak for questions on the ELEVATE process.