Rigorous standards, dedicated teachers and a strong community partnership have resulted in Legacy High School being continually named as one of Colorado’s high-achieving and high-performing public schools.
Legacy has been recognized as one of the “Best High Schools” by U.S. News & World Report. Students consistently out-perform peers across the state on the ACT, SAT and state-mandated assessments, as well as earn high scores on Advanced Placement exams.
At Legacy, students have the opportunity to find their niche in high-calibre extracurricular programs. The Legacy Marching Band has repeatedly brought home state championship awards and has marched in the Rose Bowl Parade, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and in London, England. The school also features numerous award-winning athletic, arts and other activity programs.
Legacy High School students are provided the opportunity, expectations and support to achieve academic excellence and success in the workplace and life.
Legacy 2000: A rigorous four-year program designed to develop the skills and experiences that prepare students for a career involving mathematics, science or technology. The program includes career and technology exploration, research practice, job shadowing, and a final project presentation.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Program: Home to one of the largest Deaf & Hard of Hearing programs in the Denver Metro area. Multiple levels and courses of American Sign Language are offered.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.