About the School
Thornton High School fosters a diverse, multi-cultural environment committed to success for all students in preparation for the global workforce and economy.
Students are encouraged to be independent, globally-minded, creative problem-solvers through the International Baccalaureate Programme. The world-renown IB programme “develops inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.” Students graduating with an IB Diploma have the opportunity to earn up to 24 college credits.
Established in the early 1990s, Thornton’s IB programme is one of the oldest in the state. Thornton implemented the IB programme schoolwide with the 2015 freshman class.
In addition to the IB programme, Thornton offers students challenging Advanced Placement courses and a variety of athletic and extracurricular activities.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
School-Based Health Center
The new school-based health clinic at Thornton High School is now open. Health care is available to all Thornton High School and Bollman Technical Education Center students.
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Student Shadow Days for 8th graders interested in the IB Honors Program
- To schedule a date, please contact Kelsey Barnes IB Coordinator (720)972-4833
- School Tours for IB Program
- By appointment, please contact Kelsey Barnes IB Coordinator (720)972-4833