The Early Childhood Education Center Office received a phone upgrade on Thursday, July 26th. You may not be able to leave a voice mail at this time. Please contact us through email until the system is updated. We hope the system will be fully operational by Monday, July 30th.
Welcome to Preschool packets are being mailed to homes the week of July 23rd for all students who have been enrolled. If you have not received a packet by August 3rd, please contact us at 720-972-8760.
There are two enrollment pathways for families interested in applying to preschool in the Five Star District:
- State/Federal-Funded Pathway - Available at multiple locations
- Limited Tuition-Based Pathway - Available at Arapahoe Ridge Elementary & Thunder Vista P-8
Tuition-Based Preschool (New for 2018-2019 school year)
New for the 2018-2019 school year, the Five Star District will provide limited tuition-based preschool options at Arapahoe Ridge Elementary and Thunder Vista P-8 as a result of the 2016 Bond passing. Our district has a continuing interest in expanding preschool options for parents throughout the district, the limited tuition-based pathway will serve as a pilot program during the 2018-2019 school year as we continue to gauge interest in future tuition-based programming options.
Enroll now by contacting one of our tuition-based preschool programs at:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary: (720) 972-5742
- Thunder Vista P-8: (720) 972-5735
Priority enrollment for both tuition-based programs will be provided to families who live within the school boundaries (Arapahoe Ridge Elementary and Thunder Vista P-8). In the event that enrollment slots remain available after the priority enrollment period, a lottery system will select families to fill the remaining enrollment slots.
Preschool Screening Process
Students will be required to go through the Adams 12 Five Star Schools free screening and parent interview process prior to being enrolled in preschool. Screenings and parent interviews will be held from March through August of 2018.
- Call (720) 972-8762 or (720) 972-3870 (for Spanish Speakers) to schedule your appointment.
Families enrolling in preschool will also be required to provide the following:
- Up-to-date immunization record and physical (Required by state law)
- Official birth certificate
- Proof of residence
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers preschool to a limited number of children who qualify for The Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). The CPP is funded by the state of Colorado and eligible children will attend at no cost to the family. Classes are 4 days per week, 3 hours and 5 minutes per day.
To be eligible for the Colorado Preschool Program in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- The child and parent/guardian must reside within the boundaries of the Adams 12 Five Star Schools. (One proof of residency must be provided at the time of the screening/interview appointment. To see if your address falls within our boundaries please use our Boundary Locator)
- The child must be three years old on or before October 1, 2018.
- The child must meet the State’s criteria for eligibility. (Some examples of qualifying risk factors are listed below)
Qualifying Risk Factors
Child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch pursuant to the provisions of the Federal National School Lunch Act
Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
Child lives in a multiple-family household
- Parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent.
These are just a few of the approximately 12 qualifying factors. You will be notified if your child qualifies at the time of the screening/interview.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact Child Find at (720) 972-6145 or (720) 972-3870 for Spanish speakers. Please click the following link for more information on the services provided by the Child Find program.