SmartFind Express (click here to access the system for hired Guest Teachers and Classified substitutes)
Apply to Substitute in Adams 12!
Guest Teacher (Substitute teacher) and classified substitute hiring for the 2018-19 school year begins in July 2018 and continues through March 2019.
Click here to apply online for guest teacher or classified substitute openings.
Selected applicants will be notified via email with information on next steps towards sub orientation and employment as an Adams 12 guest teacher or classified substitute.
Guest Teachers: Replaces a teacher in the event of an absence. Guest teachers for Adams 12 requires either a Colorado Teaching License or a Colorado Substitute Authorization (3‐year or 5‐year).
All licensure is issued though the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
Classified Substitutes: Replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes.
2017-2018 Pay for Subs
Guest Teachers are paid either a full day or a half day:
- Entry Level Rate: $100.00 per day or $50.00 per 1/2 day. The Entry Level Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization without successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course. Once the SubSkills Training Course is complete and submitted to the Substitute Office, the Guest Teacher will receive the Regular Rate.
- Regular Rate: $120.00 per day or $60.00 per 1/2 day. The Regular Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding one of the following CDE licenses: Professional, Interim, Initial, 5-Year Substitute Authorization or a 1 or 3 Year Substitute Authorization WITH successful completion of a STEDI.org Subskills Training Course. STEDI.org Training is recommended but NOT required for educators holding a CDE educator license or a 5-Year Substitute Authorization.
- Long-Term Rate: $140.00 per day or $70.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
2017-18 Adams 12 Retiree Guest Teacher Pay Rates
- Regular Retiree Rate: $120.00 per day or $60.00 per 1/2 day
- Long-Term Retiree Rate: $150.00 per day or $75.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
Super Sub Bonus for Guest Teachers
- A Super Sub Bonus will be paid in January 2018 for all of our Guest Teachers who have actively worked 70 or more assignments** from August 16th - December 22, 2017. A second bonus will be paid in June 2018 for all of our Guest Teachers who have actively worked 75 or more assignments from January 9th - May 23, 2018.
- The Super Sub Bonus will be paid retroactively to include all days worked, as long as the minimum number of days (full and half days) have been met, or exceeded.
- Any Guest Teacher who works over 70 days first semester and/or works over 75 days second semester will earn an additional $20.00 per full day ($10.00 per half day).
- ** District school day closures (snow days, emergencies, etc.) are excluded from the 70 or 75 day count. Guest Teachers must actively work the assignment to count towards the bonus.
2017-18 Adams 12 Classified Substitutes Pay Rates
You are paid hourly at step 1 from the Classified Salary Table for the title of the position that you would be substituting. The job titles that we provide our substitute services for are the following: Campus Security, Student Monitors, Paraprofessionals for Classrooms, Preschool, Special Education and Special Needs and Office work for the schools or the ESC Building.
Substitute Services Department Contact Information:
Tina Heirls, Substitute System Specialist 720-972-4057 6:30am - 10:30am Monday - Friday
Human Resource Office 720-972-4068 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday