Welcome to Nutrition Services Community Connection!
Designed for us to connect with our parents and students across the district, this page will be our feedback headquarters. You will be able to visit this site to:
- Partake in and view the results to our annual Nutrition Services survey
- Discover next steps and programs that we are implementing based on your feedback
- Learn about community events and important dates that relate to Nutrition Services
We are excited to begin this new chapter with you and look for your voice to help guide our important work of feeding hungry minds!
Let Your Voice Be Heard - Take Survey
National School Lunch Week was Oct. 15-19 and we hope you had an opportunity to join us for lunch and try a variety of our menu items. From Oct. 16th to the 26th, you will be able to let us know how we are doing in feeding hungry minds by taking 5-10 minutes to complete our survey. Your feedback will help us to enhance programs that we already have in place and develop new programs that make school food work for you. Let your voice be heard here!
The Taste of Adams 12 Five Star Schools Feedback
2017-18 Nutrition Services Feedback Survey Results
Nutrition Next Steps:
- We heard your need for increased education, so we turned our cafeterias into Learning Laboratories. Learn more about this program on our new Go Slow Whoa page, and visit our kitchens to view educational signage and Harvest Of The Month. Be on the lookout for "Did You Know" messaging each month on our Nutrition Services webpage, district social media, and posted on school websites.
- We will embark on process improvement to make our way to fresher, better tasting options of the utmost quality.
- Based on survey result feedback, we are currently analyzing menu items to improve our menu for school year 2018-19. Our plan is to look at increased protein at breakfast, increase favorite items, reduce least favorite items, and continue our goal of increasing semi-scratch menu items by 3% annually.
- While we do not have full control over time to eat, we are able to implement strategies that can help to increase line speed. We will be analyzing line speed and time to eat at each school site that we serve. With this information, we will work with school leaders and advocate for increased time to eat. We know more time means more consumption of healthier items.
- We will continue to look for opportunities to provide the best customer experience for every student, every day. In doing so we hope to stomp out the stigma of school meals to become the preferred choice for students at breakfast and/or lunch.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
We would love for you to join us for school lunch to celebrate National School Lunch Week with students and staff from October 15-19. Lunch times vary by school, but generally run between 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.Parents and Community Members Welcome
We invite you to come and try our meals for yourself! We are proud of our program and our hardworking employees, and encourage you to eat ...