Free and Reduced Meals
Free and Reduced-Price School Meals
Applications for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals are available online in English and Spanish. All Adams 12 Five Star Schools families are encouraged to apply online for meal benefits.
Benefits of applying online:
- Quicker approval process for eligibility
- Accuracy of submitted application
- Assisting your child's school in receiving additional funds
If you don't have access to the online system, paper applications are available in the school cafeteria during Nutrition Services Business hours.
Applications will be processed as quickly as possible. Keep in mind, online applications process faster. Due to the high volume of applications, please allow up to 10 operating days for a response. You will receive your eligibility letter in the mail or by email. Parents must pay full price for meals until the application is approved.
Families must reapply for free and reduced-price school meals each new school year. All students that were approved for school meal benefits for 2019-2020 will receive the same school meal benefits for the first 30 meal serve days of the new school year or until a new eligibility determination is made.
*Adams 12 Five Star Schools does not manage the meal program at any of our Charter Schools including, Prospect Ridge Academy, Westgate Community School, New America School, and Stargate School. For information on their meal benefits, please contact the school directly.
- Information on who is eligible to receive free and reduced price school meals. (English - Spanish)
- United States citizenship or immigration status is not a condition of eligibility for free and reduced-price benefits. To clarify questions related to immigration status when applying for free or reduced-price school meals, Five Star Schools prepared a collection of questions and answers. (English - Spanish)
Information Release Forms
School fees can be waived or reduced, such as athletic fees, and activity and field trip fees tied to curriculum. This status is protected by USDA government regulations; therefore, in order to have student fees discounted or waived, parents must complete the Information Release Form. (English - Spanish)
To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office. Colorado PEAK is an online service to screen and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs. For other district resources, please visit Student and Family Outreach.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
All students learning in-person will have access to FREE breakfast and lunch. We will also offer a limited variety of a la carte snacks for students to purchase ...