Input from the Five Star community is a key element in developing Blueprint. We will engage and involve our community in the following ways:
Opportunities for Community Input
There will be opportunities throughout the process for the Five Star community to provide input on the development of Blueprint. This will include:
- Input on district facility and programming needs:
- Community Survey - January 2024
- Blueprint Task Force - January and February 2024
- Community Open Houses in Spring 2024 to offer feedback on proposed plan
Long Range Planning and Advisory Committee
The district's existing community-led Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) serves in an advisory role and oversees work of the community-driven Blueprint Task Force. This will include:
- Monitoring identified Blueprint plan development timelines and milestones
- Receiving regular progress updates
- Providing feedback and recommendations on Blueprint where appropriate
Board of Education
The Board of Education will receive updates throughout the 2023-2024 school year on the progress of this process. All regularly scheduled Board Meetings are posted and live-streamed on BoardDocs.
The Board is expected to adopt a final version of this plan in Spring 2024 and also consider any associated funding proposal.
Blueprint Task Force
A diverse group of students, parents, community members and business leaders to help inform the creation of Blueprint.
Task Force includes:
- Association leaders (DTEA and CSEA)
- Business leaders
- Community members
- Representatives from local faith/non-profit organizations
- Higher education representatives
- City/county government representatives