Bond and Capital Improvement Program
Five Star Schools will periodically ask voters to approve the borrowing of money to support capital construction needs including the building of new schools and renovations/upgrades to existing buildings and facilities. These construction bonds generate money that can immediately be used for school and facility improvements that are then repaid over time with interest through a property tax.
- Build and open a new P-8 school (Thunder Vista P-8).
- Build and open a second district career and technical education campus (FutureForward @ Washington Square).
- Build classroom expansions and eliminate mobiles at two existing district schools (Arapahoe Ridge and Cotton Creek elementary schools).
- Improvements at each district school and facility, including critical renovations and investments at aging school buildings.
- Critical safety and security improvements including expanded digital camera installation, secured entrance vestibules and expanded electronic building access.
- Technology improvements including a new self-provisioned district network, interactive technology in a large number of classrooms and a new district phone system.
Learn about the successful completion of the bond.
In 2021, the Five Star District began the process to develop a long range academic plan as well as a long range facility plan. This plan, called Blueprint, will allow the district to identify programming priorities and needs as well as a way to optimize facilities to match these priorities and needs.