Pay Rates for Substitutes
Phone 720-972-4068 Contact Human Resources
|Rate Description||Full Day Rate||Licensure Requirements|
|Entry Level Daily Rate||$145.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations -WITHOUT STEDI TRAINING|
|Guest Teacher Daily Rate||$175.00||1 or 3 year substitute authorizations - WITH STEDI TRAINING|
|Licensed Guest Teacher Daily Rate||$180.00||Professional, Interim, Initial, or 5-Year Substitute Licenses|
|Guest Teacher Retiree Daily Rate||$190.00|
|In-Building Guest Teacher||$185.00|
|Long Term Rate||$200.00|
- Entry Level Rate: $145.00 per day or $72.50 per 1/2 day. The Entry Level Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization without successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course. Once the SubSkills Training Course is complete and submitted to the Substitute Office, the Guest Teacher will receive the Guest Teacher Rate.
- Guest Teacher Rate: $175.00 per day or $87.50 per 1/2 day. The Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding a 1 Year or 3 Year Substitute Authorization WITH successful completion of a STEDI.org SubSkills Training Course.
- Licensed Guest Teacher Rate: $180.00 per day or $90.00 per 1/2 day. The Licensed Guest Teacher Rate is for all Guest Teachers holding one of the following CDE licenses: Professional, Interim, Initial, or a 5-Year Substitute Authorization.
- Regular Guest Teacher Retiree Rate: $190.00 per day or $95.00 per 1/2 day.
- Long-Term Rate: $200.00 per day or $100.00 per 1/2 day for long-term assignments. The Long-Term Rate is paid once the 21st consecutive day is reached for the same teacher.
In addition to the pay program listed above, schools identified as having a higher than average unfilled rate may have one or more in-building guest teacher. The identified schools select and hire their own in-building guest teacher. In-building guest teacher rate is $185.00 per day ($92.50 half day).
Adams 12 Classified Substitutes Pay Rates
|Classified Substitute Assignment||Hourly Pay Rate|
|Paraeducator, Special Programs (Special Needs)||$18.79|
|Paraeducator, Special Education Instruction||$17.99|
|Paraeducator, Classroom Assistant||$16.50|
|Student Monitor (Lunchroom/Recess)||$16.50|
|Office Work (depends upon the assignment)|
You are paid hourly at step 1 from the Classified Salary Table for the title of the position that you would be substituting. The job titles that we provide our substitute services for are the following: Campus Security, Student Monitors, Paraprofessionals for Classrooms, Preschool, Special Education and Special Needs and Office work for the schools or the ESC Building.