New Classified Employees
Phone 720-972-4068 Contact Human Resources
STEP 1: Classified Employment Information: You will receive an email from Human Resources after you have accepted the position through your school or department.
STEP 2: Fingerprints: Fingerprints are taken at the Human Resources Office in the Educational Support Center between the hours of 8:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday. Fingerprint appointments are recommended. You will be contacted by Human Resources if there are concerns with the background check from your fingerprints.
STEP 3: Complete All of the New Hire Paperwork & I9 Identification. Complete the New Hire Paperwork Packet. This will be emailed to you in a separate email from Frontline. Once you have completed and submitted your forms online you will need to submit the needed acceptable forms of identification for I-9 verification. It is required by law to bring those documents to Human Resources at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
Additional I-9 Instructions, W-4 Instructions and Colorado PERA Instructions/Information are available for review purposes only.
Please note: In order to help expedite your hire and streamline the onboarding process, we request that you complete your new hire packet, authorize your BISI background check, and turn in any other documentation as soon as possible. Human Resources will notify your hiring administrator once you are authorized to begin work (Physical is complete if required, I-9 Form is received, and background check is clear).
STEP 4: Sign up for New Hire Orientation. Go to the Orientation Calendar and register for a New Hire Orientation session.
STEP 5: Adams 12 Email: After your paperwork has been processed you will be assigned an employee ID number. Please use the Email Login Instructions to setup your email account.
STEP 6: Salary Placement:
- All Newly hired classifed employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. If you are unsure of the pay grade associated with your new position, click on the Classified Job List above to determine that information.
- Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Classified employees are responsible for sending a Classified Verification of Employment Form to their previous employers to advance on the Classified Salary Schedule. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that verification forms are completed, accurate and submitted to Human Resources. Steps are granted based on the number of hours worked in a similar position.
- Newly hired classified employees can continue to submit experience forms through the first 90 calendar days of regular employment. If additional steps can be granted during the first 90 calendar days of regular employment, the new pay rate will be retroactive to their start date and retroactive pay will be given, if applicable. After the first 90 days, the steps can still be granted effective for the next payroll period.
STEP 7: Benefits Information: Eligible employees will receive an email for online enrollment once required hiring paperwork is completed, submitted and processed. Review Benefits page for information regarding eligibility, enrollment and next steps.
STEP 8: New Employee Handbook & Payroll Information: Review Payroll Information and the New Employee Handbook. All new employees are required to become familiar with the contents of the New Employee Handbook.
STEP 9: CSEA Information/Enrollment: Classified employees may choose to become members of the Classified School Employees Association (CSEA). Information about the CSEA and how it supports classified employees can be found in the CSEA Flyer. If you wish to become a member, please complete the CSEA membership form found in your hiring packet.
STEP 10: Review the following additional information/resources:
- Classified Salary Schedule 2022
- Classified Verification of Employment Form
- Classified Master Agreement
- New Employee Handbook
- Important Payroll Information
- District Policies
- Staff Website
- Frontline Absence Management
- Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
** PLEASE NOTE even though you have been recommended for hire, you will not be formally employed by Adams 12 Five Star Schools until you satisfy ALL of the employment conditions that have been established by the District, and the Board of Education approves your recommendation for hire.**
Human Resources Contact Information for Classified Employees:
Cary Livingstone | email@example.com | (720) 972-4067