The Adams 12 Board of Education has five directors that are elected at large to four-year staggered terms. The district has a director district plan of representation which requires school board members reside in a specific geographic area. A director district map and written descriptions of director district boundaries are available to show how the district is divided for elections.
Candidates must be a registered elector of the school district for at least 12 consecutive months before the election and be a resident of the director district that would be represented. Anyone convicted of commission of a sexual offense against a child is ineligible to run for school director.
Current Board of Education Directors and Terms
- Director District 1 (Term expires 2023): Lori B. Goldstein - President
- Director District 2 (Term expires 2023): Jamey L. Lockley - Secretary
- Director District 3 (Term expires 2025): Courtney Potter - Director
- Director District 4 (Term expires 2025): Amira Assad-Lucas - Director
- Director District 5 (Term expires 2023): Laura P. Mitchell - Vice President