Adams 12 Five Star Schools is proud to offer the 2020-21 Five Star Leadership Academy, the sixth year of the program! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the program this year will be offered completely online and, for the first time ever, during the evening.
Now, more than ever, we need to come together - join us to connect to each other, staff, the district and our community.
Meetings will be held virtually through Zoom on Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Participants will need a computer with video and audio capabilities, and preferably a smart phone for interactive pieces. Some additional in-person opportunities may become available as allowed.
Applications are now closed. Applications open in the spring prior to a fall start.
About the Five Star Leadership Academy
Have You Ever Wondered?
- Where the money for education comes from and where it goes?
- What’s the value of different assessments?
- How we keep our kids safe in school?
- How you can make a difference in local and state education?
Get answers to these questions, and so much more, while making lasting connections with district leaders, parents and community members.
The Five Star Leadership Academy is an opportunity for Adams 12 Five Star Schools parents and community members to increase their knowledge of district and state education affairs.
The learning program creates a sense of shared responsibility and partnership, empowering graduates with information and resources needed to step into leadership roles within our schools, district or community.
The goal of the Five Star Leadership Academy is to empower members to learn about and become involved in local, district and state education, and to take on future leadership roles within your school, district or community. We will achieve this goal by becoming a group who:
- Knows What: Knowledge of district and public education policies, actions and works.
- Knows Who: Personal relationships with school administrators and staff, elected officials and other parents and community members.
- Knows How: Healthy public participation with an increased knowledge of navigating "wicked" problems and engaging with differing opinions.
Interested in Applying for the Five Star Leadership Academy?
Applications for the 2020-21 Five Star Leadership Academy are now closed.
Acceptance into the program is based on participant application and available space.
- View the 2020-21 Schedule: English | Spanish
- For information, contact Raquel Williams