The Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) is a community-led oversight committee featuring parents and community members of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. The LRPAC also serves as a bond oversight and accountability committee for the 2016 Bond Program.
The committee advises the Superintendent on short-range facility issues as well as the development of long-range facility plans that support student success through the implementation of the most cost-effective solutions to the district’s capital needs. The committee is intended to provide a high level of accountability, engagement and communication between district leadership and the citizens of Adams 12 Five Star Schools to ensure stakeholders are engaged and their values and priorities are reflected in the process.
The committee will make its findings and recommendations to the Superintendent and Board of Education, which may include:
- Review bond construction projects, including quarterly staff reports regarding the expenditure of bond funds, to ensure they align with what was approved by voters;
- Review significant changes in the scope and/or budget of projects contained in bond measures approved by voters to determine that such changes are reasonable under the circumstances;
- Review and recommend to the Superintendent proposed expenditures of surplus bond proceeds, if applicable;
- Provide reports to the Board of Education on the spending and progress of the bond through the entire bond program and culminating with a final summary of all originally planned bond projects compared to completed projects;
- Determine priorities for, or components of, bond proposals
Planning and Advisory
- Assess appropriate processes for adoption/modification of school attendance area boundaries;
- Assess and evaluate school enrollment trends in relation to long-term facility planning;
Additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Chief Operating Officer.
2017-18 Meeting Schedule
2017-18 Resident Membership
Applications for the 2018-19 school year are now closed. If still interested, please contact Mark Poshak.
PAST WORK OF THE LRPAC
- Establishing Guiding Principles for the new P-8 school attendance boundary development process
- 2016 Bond Program Accountability including financial oversight and bond project status updates
- Read the LRPAC bi-annual report to the Five Star Schools Board of Education - May 2017
In 2015-16, the LRPAC spent the year helping the district prioritize facility and long-term "Drivers of Need", which became the backbone for the 2016 Bond Proposal. The LRPAC made its final recommendation to the Board of Education in April 2016.
Members of the Five Star Schools Long Range Facility Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) presented its biannual report at the Board of Education's regular meeting May 24, highlighting the committee's work over the past year and updating the board on the status of district bond projects.
The Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) is a community-led oversight committee featuring ...