Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
To be eligible for CPP in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- The child and parent/guardian must reside within the boundaries of the Adams 12 Five Star Schools. (One proof of residency must be provided at the time of the screening/interview appointment. To see if your address falls within our boundaries please use our Boundary Locator)
- The child must be three years old on or before October 1, 2019.
- The child must meet the state’s criteria for eligibility. (Some examples of qualifying risk factors are listed below)
Qualifying Risk Factors
Child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch pursuant to the provisions of the Federal National School Lunch Act
Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
Child lives in a multiple-family household
- Parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent.
These are just a few of the approximately 12 qualifying factors. You will be notified if your child qualifies at the time of the interview appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please call:
- 720-972-3870 (Spanish Speaking Families)
At Adams 12 Child Find, we make sure that children demonstrating they may have difficulty in learning or possible delays, can get the help they need to be successful. Below is a list of developmental areas that we evaluate:
- academic (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- motor (fine and gross motor)
- hearing and/or vision
Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or community agency. The process for children age 3-5 will begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a multi-disciplinary, play-based, evaluation. The team, including parents, will then make some decisions about next steps, which include eligibility for special education services.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact Child Find
Jody Davis at 720-972-6145, or
Katrina Groetken at 720-972-3870 for Spanish-speaking families.
Birth to 3 years old
For children who are ages birth through 3 years old, we partner with an outside agency. The agency is dependant upon which county you live in:
- For Adams County, please call North Metro Community Services at 303-453-3302
- For Broomfield County, please call Imagine! at 303-604-5424