To best serve our entire community, the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Early Childhood Education Program offers three preschool options:
- Tuition-Based Preschool - Competitively-priced preschool for early learners
- Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) - Free preschool for students that qualify based on certain risk factors
- Special Education (Child Find) - Free preschool for students that qualify based on developmental delays
Five Star Schools offers a Tuition-Based Preschool program that provides families an enriching opportunity for their preschool-aged child to participate in a learning environment led by teachers and staff with specialized experience in child development. Students get an opportunity to participate in an integrated classroom that supports academic, motor, language, literacy and social/emotional developmental learning opportunities.
- $365 per month (Due on the 1st of every month)
- $315 deposit + $50 registration fee (Due at the time of enrollment)
Eligibility & Guidelines:
- Students can attend preschool if they are 3 years old by their first day of school, and if they turn 5 after Oct. 1, 2021. Students that turn 5 years old on or before October 1, 2021 will not be eligible for preschool (instead, they would enroll in kindergarten).
- The district will accept applications from all students no matter their boundary school. If there is more interest than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted with priority given to families that live in the school's attendance boundary.
- Acceptance into one of the preschool programs does NOT guarantee acceptance into the school's kindergarten class. Families that live outside of the school's attendance boundary must re-apply for kindergarten the following year. All STEM Lab preschool families interested in attending kindergarten at STEM Lab next year must re-apply.
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary
- Cherry Drive Elementary
- Mountain View Elementary
- STEM Lab K-8
- Thunder Vista P-8
Apply for Tuition-Based Preschool:
Interested families should contact the school locations directly (listed above) to find out more information about space availability and to apply.
For other questions about this process, please call Danica Kerber in the Preschool office at 720-972-8762.
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
The Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) is a state-funded early childhood education program administered by the Colorado Department of Education. Space is still available and we are continuing to enroll for the 2021-22 School Year. To see if you are eligible, fill out the application below.
Eligibility criteria for CPP in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- Students must meet age requirements and qualifying risk factors. All 4 year olds (age 4 on or before Oct. 1, 2021) must meet at least one of the qualifying risk factors. All qualifying 3 year olds (age 3 on or before Oct, 1, 2021) must meet at least three of the qualifying risk factors.
Qualifying risk factors:
- The child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch
- Homelessness of the child’s family
- Child is receiving services from the State Department of Social Services as neglected or dependent children
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Poor social skills of the child
- Frequent relocation by the child’s family to new residences
- The child’s parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent
- Parent(s) of the child was less than eighteen years of age and unmarried when the child was born
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child’s family
- An abusive adult residing in the home of the child
- Families who reside outside of the Adams 12 Five Star School boundaries may be considered for enrollment. Check the Boundary Locator
Spots are limited. Once you've applied, eligibility will be determined using the above qualifying factors. Please allow four weeks to be contacted by the preschool team regarding eligibility and next steps. In the next steps you will be able to request your choice of location for preschool. Preschool Locations
For CPP families who have already applied:
- If you have received your qualification letter email from email@example.com confirming you qualified for the CPP program;
- and you have completed the Online Registration and upload of required documents;
- and have filled out and submitted the ASQ and the Placement Preference Form (links in the email);
- then you are done! Within one week of completing all the enrollment steps, you will receive a welcome letter to let you know of the placement decision and the start of school information.
- Your child's preschool enrollment will not be processed until you have completed the Online Registration in Infinite Campus (step 1 on your qualification letter).
Special Education (Child Find)
At Adams 12 Child Find, we make sure that children demonstrating they may have difficulty in learning or possible delays can get the help they need to be successful. Below is a list of developmental areas that we may evaluate:
- academic (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- motor (fine and gross motor)
- hearing and/or vision
Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or community agency. The process for children age 3-5 will begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a multi-disciplinary, play-based, evaluation. The team, including parents, will then make some decisions about next steps, which include eligibility for special education services.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact:
Birth to 3 years old
For children who are ages birth through 3 years old, we partner with outside community agencies: