The Native Education Program was created to meet the unique and culturally related academic needs of the American Indian and Alaskan Native students. The program provides cultural enrichment and educational support to all Native American, Native Hawaiian and Alaskan Native students. Adams 12 Five Star Schools Native Education Program is made available to schools primarily through a Title VI grant by the Indian Education office of the U. S. Department of Education.
The annual Title VI grant amount is dependant on the annual number of students being served in Five Star District. Only those students with a completed Title VI Student Eligibility Certification or "506 form" count toward the annual number.
- Browse the entirety of Title VI of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001
- Browse the list of federally recognized tribes and tribal entities that can be served
Colorado Department of Education Parent and Family Resource Information
- Colorado Department of Education Home Page with links to a variety of information
- Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard This tool has drop down menus. You can get a variety of information on the Adams 12 Five Star Schools district and each school in the district. i.e ethnicity ratios, gifted talented ratios, graduation rates, total population numbers etc. Green Button is for District info (Use drop down menu below buttons to choose Adams 12 Five Star Schools) and Blue Button is for specific schools (After clicking Blue Button, use drop down menu below the buttons to go to: Adams 12 Five Star Schools (0020): "specific school name")
- Parents Guide to understanding the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) test scores - These are the tests the students take in Adams 12 schools and often are presented at parent/teacher meetings and according to the CDE how to utilize the CMAS info to help your student
- Pell Grant Information
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid which is necessary to determine Pell eligibility
Contact Native Education
Phillip Gover currently serves as the Title VI Youth Advocate for Native Education in Adams 12 Five Star schools. The Youth Advocate's office is located at the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Educational Support Center. The address for the building is 1500 E. 128th Ave., Thornton, CO 80241-2602. Contact Phillip Gover by email at Phillip.Gover@adams12.org. The Youth Advocate can also be contacted by phone at 720-972-5897 or 303-549-5581.
“The mission of the Adams 12 Title VI Native Education Program is to meet the unique and culturally related academic needs of the American Indian and Alaskan Native students.”
The Adams 12 Native Education Program is made available through the Title VI Grant offered by the Indian Education office of the U. S. Department of Education. This federal program has been created to ...
The American Indian Parent Advisory (AIPAC) Meeting are typically scheduled on the second Wednesday of each month and are from 6 - 8 pm. The meeting will be held the Educational Support Center (ESC) which is located at 1500 E. 128th Ave., Thornton, CO 80241.
The Parent Advisory meeting provides guidance to the Native Education Program in the Adams 12 Five Star Schools District ...