** CPP Enrollment update: Please see updated information about this year's CPP enrollment by going to the "Getting Started" link.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is expanding early childhood education opportunities for the 2019-2020 school year. All new classrooms will include options for students with disabilities, the Colorado Preschool Program and tuition-based enrollment. Preschool is half-day and is held four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is piloting a tuition program that provides families an opportunity to participate in a learning environment lead by teachers and staff with specialized experience in child development. Students get an opportunity to participate in an integrated classroom that supports academic, motor, language, literacy and social/emotional developmental learning opportunities.
During the 2019-2020 school year, tuition preschool will be offered at the following locations:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary
- Cherry Drive Elementary
- Mountain View Elementary
- STEM Lab K-8
- Thunder Vista P-8
The district will accept applications from all students no matter their boundary school. In the event that there is more interest than space available, a lottery will be conducted and priority enrollment will be given to families that reside in the school's boundary.
The cost of the tuition preschool program is $325 per month (Due on the 1st of every month). The first payment is due Sept. 1, 2019
- A $275 deposit and $50 registration fee will be due at the time of enrollment.
Priority preschool admissions for tuition slots will open on March 1, 2019 and close March 29, 2019. Parents will be notified by April 15, 2019 of acceptance and placement into tuition slots. Beginning on April 15, 2019, remaining tuition slots will be available on a first-come, first-served process at each school site.
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers preschool to a limited number of children who qualify for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) CPP is offered for eligible children at no cost to the family. Classes are 4 half-days per week.
Each family is required to meet required criteria for eligibility into the CPP. For more information, including eligibilty and qualifying factors visit: Getting Started.
Do you have questions about your child's development? If so, please contact us at Getting Started to find out more information.
Children who qualify for special education services through an evaluation, eligibility determination and development of an Individual Education Program (IEP), will be placed in an integrated classroom four days a week, three hours each day. Preschool Special Education is another possible avenue that is state- and federally-mandated to support students who meet state eligibility guidelines, at no cost to families.
Students transferring into Adams 12 Five Star Schools, that already have an IEP, please contact Child Find at Getting Started to get started.
If you have questions about your child's development, and your child is within the age range of birth through 5 years old, prior to kindergarten, please visit: Getting Started
- Students must be 3 years old by the first day of school and cannot turn 5 before Oct. 1, 2019.
- If there is more interest than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted with priority given to families that live in the school's attendance boundary.
- Families interested in attending tuition preschool are required to complete the Tuition Preschool Application | español.
- Acceptance into one of the preschool programs does NOT guarantee acceptance into the school's kindergarten class. Families that live outside of the school's attendance boundary must re-apply for kindergarten the following year. All STEM Lab preschool families interested in attending kindergarten at STEM Lab next year must re-apply.