Centennial Elementary School
Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Centennial Elementary bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to begin in Summer 2018.
2018-2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus replacing the roof], building interiors, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, capacity/overcrowding, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof replacement
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Repair, restore or replace failing classroom partitions
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for greater safety and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Replace heating and cooling system components for comfort and increased reliability
- Upgrade electrical distribution panels for increased capacity
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Capacity / Overcrowding
- Build a new school in the Anthem neighborhood to address community growth and prevent future overcrowding *Population Relief
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.