Malley Drive Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov. 8, 2016, the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Malley Drive's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: Repair walkways as listed below in school grounds
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus roof and skylight replacement], building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof and skylight replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Replace roof section and repair/restore additional sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.